Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2003 cts no overdrive help please!!!

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  mattfranz 
#1 ·
I have just bought a 2003 Cadillac CTS. I drove it about about 25 miles home and noticed it wasn't going into overdrive. Running 3000 RPM at 65 MPH. It also shifts hard if you take off normal or easy. Downshifts hard as well when you are slowing down or coming to a stop cold, warm or hot. It has a a couple of codes under ECM (P2138C) (P0700C). I also had trouble going up my steep driveway if the tire spun at all. would go into limp mode or something. I havent had the car long and want to drop the pan but was hoping this could be an easy fix. PLEASE HELP!!!

#4 ·
It's throwing a code for bad throttle position sensor, the symptoms kind of align with that as well. Disconnect the TPS for a while and see if it runs any better, if it does it's most likely that.

Other code is for a transmission control module, also sounds indicative of that. Disconnect the battery for a while and re-connect it and then drive it. If it drives better for a while and then goes back it's most likely the TCM as well.

The TCM is near the fuse-box on the passenger side of the car near the front. If you look on eBay you can see what it's supposed to look like. The TPS is built into the throttle body so you're SOL if that's bad you're going to have to replace the whole TB (if I remember correctly).

Both parts are relatively inexpensive. Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.