CTS Beats All German And All But One Japanese Car in its Class For Initial Quality
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, CTS Beats All German And All But One Japanese Car in its Class For Initial Quality in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; ...
    darrelld is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

CTS Beats All German And All But One Japanese Car in its Class For Initial Quality

Cadillac finished second behind Lexus in the J.D. Power and Associates 2003 Initial Quality StudySM (IQS), an 11% improvement over last year, and Cadillacís best performance in the 17-year history of IQS.

Much of Cadillacís improvement is due to the all-new CTS, with 88 problems per 100 vehicles (PP100). The model placed second in the competitive entry luxury segment behind the Lexus ES 300 (79 PP100). The CTS is Cadillacís best-performing model and is among the top 10 best cars in the industry in initial quality in 2003.

http://www.jdpa.com/businessservices.../0703_IQSp.htm
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rueben44 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: CTS Beats All German And All But One Japanese Car in its Class For Initial Quality

Very good news and may this serve those who always bash the CTS here. If you go to BMW boards you will see they have bigger issues than a squeaky noise by the ashtray. Much bigger issues.

Re: CTS Beats All German And All But One Japanese Car in its Class For Initial Quality

Quote Originally Posted by rueben44
    Very good news and may this serve those who always bash the CTS here. If you go to BMW boards you will see they have bigger issues than a squeaky noise by the ashtray. Much bigger issues.
    I have taken note of the CTS bashing by members and even moderators of this board.

If you go to BMW boards you will see they have bigger issues than a squeaky noise by the ashtray. Much bigger issues.
    Yes I considered BMW and even Infiniti but the hype didn't equate to all the problems and quality issues raised by member of those respective forums.

The interior of the Infiniti G35 looks like the dash was spray painted with a can of Rustoleum and the seat leather was very poor quality. Not to mention the poorly designed seat control resting on top of the seat between your hip and the center console.

I do see lots of praise and even pics embedded in the member and moderator signatures for various foreign brands here in abundance. "Me Too" thinking I guess.

I now have over 10,000 miles on my 04 CTS and I am very happy.

BUILDINGCTSAMG is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

The CTS really is a great car, and its the car cadillac is basing its future on!

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers

Great find on that link Darrel. It seems Cadillac has caught up in quality, and that should help the other Cadillac problem---resale values. When they start coming into line, Cadillac is gonna really be back on top

CWK
    CWK is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I wish I could believe that. Out of all the vehicles I have owned. The Cadillac CTS which I paid the most for. Has been the shop the most (5 times so far and counting) under 18,000 miles.

WOW!! I hope I can believe the report. But real-life experience is not so lucky.

CHAD

Quote Originally Posted by CWK
    I wish I could believe that. Out of all the vehicles I have owned. The Cadillac CTS which I paid the most for. Has been the shop the most (5 times so far and counting) under 18,000 miles.

WOW!! I hope I can believe the report. But real-life experience is not so lucky.

CHAD
    You could have bought one of those great flawless BMW's packed with the most advanced German engineering like this one;

http://www.bmwlemon.com/BMW740i.htm

CWK

I am glad to see American Cars climbing to the TOP, on the JD powers report. However, out of the listed vehicles only 3 are American Made.

Out of the 4 vehicles I own, I look forward to drive my CTS the most. American quality is still in need of improvement. We live close to Detroit and several family members have worked for the GM and FORD. I can tell you some horror stories based on quality there.

Don't take me wrong, I love the CTS and would purchase another or the new redesigned seville coming out late next year.

FORD Expendition 10 repairs and counting
    Chevy Avalanche 1 repair
    Cadillac CTS 5 repairs and counting
    Infiniti FX35 NONE

PRICE vs QUALITY is still the Issue I see based on domestic vehicles. The CTS is a $30,000 car not a $40,000+.

CHAD

I am glad to see American Cars climbing to the TOP, on the JD powers report. However, out of the listed vehicles only 3 are American Made.

Out of the 4 vehicles I own, I look forward to drive my CTS the most. American quality is still in need of improvement. We live close to Detroit and several family members have worked for the GM and FORD. I can tell you some horror stories based on quality there.

Don't take me wrong, I love the CTS and would purchase another or the new redesigned seville coming out late next year.

FORD Expendition 10 repairs and counting
    Chevy Avalanche 1 repair
    Cadillac CTS 5 repairs and counting
    Infiniti FX35 NONE

PRICE vs QUALITY is still the Issue I see based on domestic vehicles. The CTS is a $30,000 car not a $40,000+.

CHAD
    Not everyone has been so fortunate with the FX;

http://puckparches.proboards4.com/in...num=1070505417

Or the G35;
    http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/t88957.html

CWK

Your silly!!

You can find problems with any car made.

Why is there only 3 domestic cars listed on the report??

With all the smoke American's blow we should have at least more vehicles listed top notch on the national reports coming out.

Please, don't take me the wrong way. Just learn to think in reality, we have become to laid-back in this country to focus on PRICE Vs. QUALITY.

I will dance with JOY when the national report come out and us American's have the top 5 positions in best cars made.

CHAD

Your silly!!

You can find problems with any car made.

Why is there only 3 domestic cars listed on the report??

With all the smoke American's blow we should have at least more vehicles listed top notch on the national reports coming out.

Please, don't take me the wrong way. Just learn to think in reality, we have become to laid-back in this country to focus on PRICE Vs. QUALITY.

CHAD
    I think your getting confused, JD Powers is referring to entry luxury cars. You said that only three American made cars were listed but remember there are only three American car companies. Of those three American JDP listings GM had two and thats all the entry luxury cars they make.

The only American made entry luxury car missing from the list is the Lincoln LS. You could reasonably include the American owned Volvo and Saab in the companies that made the JD Powers top list.

I will dance with JOY when the national report come out and us American's have the top 5 positions in best cars made.
    Would five different segment top honors make you just as happy;

http://www.jdpower.com/cc/auto/relea...ID=749&CatID=1

CWK

GREAT!!!

I was just looking through those SPECs myself.

Nothing beats good competition and debates. You learn alot.
    Thanks for the information and the discussion.

Hopefully other NON-Cadillac owners read this and see that Cadillac is stiving for the top in quality and performance.

CHAD

BUILDINGCTSAMG is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Nice to see some action in the forum guys!

CWK

My CTS is yet another day in the shop. 72 hours. 5th time. They are going to start throwing parts at it to see if it will work. O2 sensor, thermostat...etc.

Now I have in the back of my mind can I trust the reliability of the vehicle.

Sorry, its just confusing and sad.

CHAD

rueben44 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Sorry to hear of your problems but I haven't had problems like that with my CTS. I would be willing to bet it is the service center that you are going to. Either they are purposely not fixing it so that they can run up a bill or they are not trained well. The car seems to be pretty solid and the JD Power report supports that on a whole.

Good luck but if I were you I would start taking my car some where else. I had a dealership try me like that with my 98 STS and I had to find another dealer to repair my car right. After that I did not have any issues.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.