CTS Beats All German And All But One Japanese Car in its Class For Initial Quality - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, CTS Beats All German And All But One Japanese Car in its Class For Initial Quality in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; ...
    rueben44 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: CTS Beats All German And All But One Japanese Car in its Class For Initial Quality

Yes Cw* sounds like your service guys are not up! I always got Deville’s when my car went in. The problem was (STS model) with the oil consumption thing. After it was cleaned for carbon it resolved the issue and that was that. Again I will say don't let one car skew your opinion about the brand because none of us here had that type of issue with our CTS's. Still wish you good luck with it though.

And that is most likely a part availability issue as said before because people are not having those types of issues so they don't have those parts stocked.
    Almost forgot to add that you must also remember that we are in the holiday season (2 holidays)!
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Re: CTS Beats All German And All But One Japanese Car in its Class For Initial Quality

Yes I will leave alone the rediculous whine fest that was going on earlier and direct this to CWK...

They NEED to get that car DONE. Do not let them simply tell you parts are "out" or on "National backorder" as my cranskshaft position sensors (one of my issues) were. I pressed and pressed to get the parts in and magically one day FIVE of them showed up and I was one of the "lucky ones" to be around when they did... hmm right. The parts thing is not new.

Also, if you feel that after several visits that vehicle may not be up to snuff please make the dealer aware of this. As far as I know any kind of lemon law process requires at least three visits for the SAME PROBLEM, so you cant really get them on multiple issues, but if the car is constantly in thats a different story, and sometimes dealers will work you to try and come to some sort of agreement. If any previous issues return for whatever return take the car back immediately.

On a side note... Have you tried Don Gooley Cadillac in St. Clair Shores michigan? I see them in reports all over place and thats where the employee sale for my 01 STS must have taken place because they were on the bill of sale. Edmunds editors also took their troublesome 98 STS tester there when editor Jon Clor had it and he reported good service. Dont know how close you might be to that area but they seem to be a pretty big deal for GM I guess.

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

I don't believe the problem is with Cadillac, but the dealerships. My car has been in twice for repairs. Once was major, and the other was for warranty/recall work.

I originally bought my car in early '02. I was on the waiting list when they were released. I waited 3 months for the original dealer who is nearby where I live to get one in for me. Whether it was because they are a small dealership or not taking my request seriously because of my age, they met me with the same response week after week, "Sorry, but GM has not given us a production date yet." Fed up with their inability to process my request, I went looking elsewhere and found a dealership in Detroit who was taking delivery of a car like I wanted the next day. Needless to say, I met it there as it was unloaded from the truck and they got my business.

Many months later, my girlfriend experienced a shake coming from the driveshaft while she had the car and worried that something was drastically wrong, pulled the car over and called the nearby dealership. Hearing whose car it was, they refused to pick it up and suggested we call the dealership in Detroit. Panicking, she called Cadillac customer service and they aranged for the area Lincoln dealership(of all places) to drop it off at the Caddy dealership. Once there, they refused to give her a loaner car to get home. Luckily she knew someone in town who could give her a lift home. When I found out about the treatment she received, I called the dealership and said that I expect a replacement car while mine was in the shop(as per the Cadillac roadside agreement). They said none were available, so I asked how long the car would be in the shop for. They claimed they would not even get a chance to look at it for a couple days. Furious, I called Cadillac customer service and told them what was going on. They put me on hold for 5 minutes while they called the dealership. When they were done they told me that the dealership would be looking at the car immediately and that a rental car would be provided if necessary. No sooner had I set the phone down then the dealership called saying they had looked at the car (the flange where the 2 piece shaft met had come loose and damaged the shaft) and parts would arrive overnight. They also said that I could come and get a loaner car as one had (miraculously, I suppose) come back in. That was the last time I ever dealt with that dealership.

The dealership I deal with now is much more professional and I send all my work through them. They have done my recall work (the steering column torque recall and the free tire replacement) and done it on the same day I brought it to them. I also had them replace my Nav. system under warranty(the paint had begun to flake off the buttons). So I did not have to wait for the parts to come in, they pulled one out of one of their demos with my permission(an '04 with DVD. ) and installed it that day. I was also supplied with an SRX to test drive while I waited(because I had expressed interest in buying one).

I believe that the perceived problems with Cadillac service originates at a few of their dealerships. If you run into this kind of problem, I suggest you call customer service for better results as I have found that Cadillac itself truly respects it's customers.

CWK
    CWK is offline Cadillac Owners Member

So if the Parts don't come in this Monday what should I do? Get a tow truck and send the car to another dealer??

I am aware of the St. Clair Shores dealer (my wife if from that area).

We live about 150 miles about side of that area, I did not really want to go that far. (at this point I might as well have).

I really did not need a loaner car (we have 4 vehicles anyways) but I took the OLDS just for the heck of it.

So the waiting for parts thing?? What should I do??? (if it continues past Monday)???

CHAD

Have you called Cadillac about your problems yet?
    You should not be experiencing the number of problems you are on a new car. I honestly believe that Cadillac quality is among the best in the world, but there are always exceptions. You may have been unfortunate enough to receive one of those. Get a hold of Customer Service and file a complaint. In my experience, that will 'motivate' the dealership to go the extra mile.

I tried never to be angry or short with the service advisor and simply pointed out that "this is a major safety issue, my vehicle stalls at any random time on the highway and I can not have this sort of driveability problem on my main vehicle, could you PLEASE provide me an immediate status on these parts?" I phoned them possibly three times which was STILL a total of about a week before I got them. Had I simply just allowed them to be, I am confident I would have waited a month or more for these parts because they really had NO IDEA what the time frame was. "Yea weve got alot of people waiting on those." You dont have to take the car away from them just yet, but simply walk into or call another dealer and ask them about the problems (Im sorry but im still not aware or have lost track of what exactly it is?) and the proposed solution from the prior dealer. DO NOT let on that parts are unavailable or they may just try to weezle out of it themselves. Mention that you simply are not satisfied and that your primary method of transportation is just sitting, and youd like to give them your future business. Theres no sure fire method here, but you are sitting without your Caddy as you wait on "parts" and I dont think that should have to be the case on such a new vehicle. Remember just be courteous in talking to other dealers as they may really want your business. Here its a night and day difference between the two main ones.

EDIT: Yes what he/she? (not sure? sorry dont wanna say the wrong one) said about Cadillac Customer Service is a key motivating factor for them also and great advice. I think they are used to dealing with problems of this severity and may be your next step,theyre here for YOU. Its your call at this point.

She. Don't let my girlfriend comment confuse you...

If I may ask CWK, but what dealership are you using? I only ask because I too am a Michigan resident and like to be informed about the dealerships in the area...

CWK

I called Cadillac Customer Service 800 #. They called the dealership and received an EXACT result. They received a parts tracking number and FED-Ex tracking number. The part (thermostat housing seal) is suppose to arrive Monday at Noon.

Now that is what I want to hear.

NOT "Really don't know when it will be here" or "They will call us". Come On.

Cadillac Phone Service is Top Notch.

I can say this "The dealerships need to communicate with the customer" it is that simple.

So my wondering about parts availability is fixed, however, this is just 50% of the matter.

Now we need to find out once the seal is put in (so coolant don't leak all over) will it fix the problem I was having. They were unsure if this was the problem or not.

Key note: Cadillac needs to PULL and/or update dealerships with the Cadillac Name Plate if they do not follow certain guidelines in customer service.

I hate to complain, but I have learned that if you do not, nothing improves. It just goes on by like it always does.

So, I will post my follow-up results on Monday. Hopefully the call To Cadillac raised some eyebrows at the dealership. I did not file a complaint, I merely called to base a concern and a few questions.

CHAD

CWK

Quote Originally Posted by gothicaleigh

If I may ask CWK, but what dealership are you using? I only ask because I too am a Michigan resident and like to be informed about the dealerships in the area...
    We live 150 Miles West of Detroit on US 12. There are about 4 dealerships in the area. They are not small dealerships but big enough to stock the SRX when it first came out, but not big enough to get the XLR. If that really matters.

The size of the dealership should not make a difference. If you carry the Cadillac Name Plate and GM Goodwrench Certification that should be good enough, right? Hmm Not always the case.

CHAD

Quote Originally Posted by gothicaleigh

Hehe ok so now I finally know for sure...

Chad that is great news buddy! I am glad the ball is rolling on your ordeal. Absolutely communication is the key, especially on more severe matters like this. Please keep us posted on the solution,and the overall time and please be sure to add this to the Consumer feedback thread at the top of this particular CTS board.

Glad to hear that Cadillacs high level service responds in this incident. Chrysler five star is absolutely diplorable (it takes alot less than youd think for them to get that five star hooplah), and VW is not much better.

darrelld is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by CWK
    We live 150 Miles West of Detroit on US 12. There are about 4 dealerships in the area. They are not small dealerships but big enough to stock the SRX when it first came out, but not big enough to get the XLR. If that really matters.

The size of the dealership should not make a difference. If you carry the Cadillac Name Plate and GM Goodwrench Certification that should be good enough, right? Hmm Not always the case.

CHAD
    Cadillac has serious problems with dealership skills and the CTS.

CTS buyers are very different than the traditional Cadillac customer. I read somewhere that Cadillac is aware of their dealer problem and intend to reduce their number.

So far I have had a few issues with my dealer.
    Case in point: I took the car in for a loud pop coming from the left front end during hard cornering. They claimed it was unreproduceable (Bet you never heard that before). I asked the service guys if they had looked at the suspension and I was assured they had.

The noise continued and I got a service tech to take a ride with me to prove the problem. In one trip around the block I could reproduce the noise for him. This time they found a rock had embedded itself in my left front spring. The rock was removed and the problem solved.

Something so obvious should not have required two dealer trips.

CWK

Quote Originally Posted by Playdrv4me
    Hehe ok so now I finally know for sure...

Chad that is great news buddy! I am glad the ball is rolling on your ordeal. Absolutely communication is the key, especially on more severe matters like this. Please keep us posted on the solution,and the overall time and please be sure to add this to the Consumer feedback thread at the top of this particular CTS board.

Glad to hear that Cadillacs high level service responds in this incident. Chrysler five star is absolutely diplorable (it takes alot less than youd think for them to get that five star hooplah), and VW is not much better.
    15 minutes on the phone and Cadillac had pulled tracking numbers and vehicle data, and also called the dealership. Providing me with results about my question of part availability. Something the dealership should have done the frist-time. Perhaps the call from Cadillac will raise the response of the dealership.

CHAD

CWK

Another note I forget to mention. The Cadillac advisor said that they will followup to see if the matter was resolved (they would). They gave me a report number based on my call so they could reference it. I told them I would return the call if any more problems came up.

I wonder if I'll get a letter in the mail asking to fill out a survey after placing a call with them. HA

CHAD

I was very impressed with the response from the dealership after calling Customer Service. I would love to have heard what was said to the dealership, because their attitude in my case sure turned quick after the call from Cadillac.

Glad to hear that it helped you as well. Like I stated before, it seems that the dealerships are the problem with Cadillac service. Not to say they're all like that though, the one I go to now is the most professional automotive establishment I have ever dealt with.

CWK

GO FIGURE.

Just took a drive up to the dealership that is working on my car. The car is tore down and waiting for a thermostat housing seal after they replaced the thermostat. (that is what they told me) I would imagine the car cannot be driven. Right????

The car is not even there. I looked in each of the repair bays, and detailing bay, and outside....the car is not there.

This keeps getting weirder and weirder. Something is foul.

I am going to show up right when they open on Monday and ask to get my Cell Phone Charger out of the car......and find out were it is.

CHAD

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.