Cadillac Owners Forum banner

All 3 Brake Lights are out...

634 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  dgurka 
#1 ·
Hi,

I have a 2003 Cadillac CTS with about 126k miles on it. I just bought it a few weeks ago. This has been my first Cadillac, and my first GM product. So far I am not impressed with what I see (i've had a litany of other issues, not just this.)

Today, I was informed that I have no brake lights. All 3 are out. Hazards work and backup lights work. I can shift out of park. so I don't believe the switch to be bad.

I've done quite a bit of googling and its my understanding that I am looking for a BAS fuse or relay. I've looked under the hood, and in both of my fuse panels under my rear seat. Am I missing something, because I can not find anything related to the BAS in there. I checked the fuse for the EBCM, and it looked a bit corroded so I replaced it, but this did not correct the issue.

The fuse panel cover diagrams in my car seem to contradict what I am finding on line. Nothing labeled BAS in there.

In fact, the only fuse I could find related to to the tail lights is the "Stop Light Switch" fuse in the box under the hood, which was fine.

Could any 2003 CTS owners point me in the right direction? If possible I'd appreciate a photo of the inside of your fuse panel covers, because I am convinced the one I have in my car is wrong.

I've disconnected the OnStar module, but I doubt that has anything to do with this. I'll be damned if it does.

Please help, I am super frustrated and ready to get rid of the car, because its been one problem after another, and if the EBCM is bad, it is my understanding that that is a $1000 part, which means I'd be selling the car.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.