CTS Big Brake 14" Rotors ( 5x115 ) Bolt Pattern! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, CTS Big Brake 14" Rotors ( 5x115 ) Bolt Pattern! in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; The OEM brake caliper mounting brackets come standard with the CTS 14" big brake rotor kit. This means that you ...
    pietroraimondi is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 07 SRX V8 AWD Diamond White Sport Edition & 08 C6 LS3/418ci

Re: CTS Big Brake 14" Rotors ( 5x115 ) Bolt Pattern!

The OEM brake caliper mounting brackets come standard with the CTS 14" big brake rotor kit. This means that you can use your existing Cadillac CTS brake calipers which are 2 piston front calipers and single piston rear calipers with any of our 14" rotor kits without any further investmenton your part.

Your simply swapping out small puny OEM brake rotors for 14" CTS custom made Big Brake Rotors.

If you want to add new "bolt on" calipers you have several choices:

First you can bolt on the 4 Cadillac CTSV 4 piston calipers that you can acquire on your own. You can buy them new from GM Parts Direct, used on ebay or a scrapyard.

We do not supply them as an option. They are the cheapest and easily obtainable with pads included from GMPD.

Another big brake caliper option from Cadillac MotorSports are the following:

We can supply the following caliper and mounting brackets as additional options now or later in the future when your budget is more flexible:

AP RACING CALIPERS - a high end racing caliper
    Wilwood Calipers - economy priced to high end racing types

We can supply the above two calipers and the mounting brackets at an additional cost, but why?

Most people find their existing CTS calipers to be adequate for stopping power and really just want a larger 14" rotor to fill out their wheels rather than having the puny sized 11.7 and 11.9 OEM rotors sitting behind their larger 18 to 20" wheels that they may have spent thousands of dollars on and searched the heavens for to find just the perfect look.

As an example; look at some of the beautiful 18 to 20" deep dish chrome and black chrome wheels on some of the CTS's and then you see this puny OEM undersized rusty rotor disc or small cross drilled rotor! It kind of looks like a 6 ounce steak sitting on a large "turkey platter" and completely out of scale!

Now you have a true 14" bright nickel plated BIG BRAKE ROTOR that you can simply bolt up to your 5x115 spindle and hub. This is a true DIY kit!

You reinstall your existing OEM brake calipers with our supplied OEM caliper brackets and stainless steel brake lines and finally put back on your chrome rims and your ready to go!

If that is not the cheapest and most efficient way to travel; you tell me a better way!

No additional investment in new spindles, hubs or 6 bolt wheels to "retrofit" something that was not engineered inititally for your CTS? Never!

In addition; these rotors are far superior in design and engineering to anything that is supplied by Brembo or Cadillac and priced at least half of their cost!

AND THAT IS THE ONLY COST ISSUE THAT WILL BE ADDRESSED HERE AND NOW ON THE PUBLIC FORUM!

For those who want brake caliper options other than the above 14" CTS big brake rotors, and have extra cash in hand to invest; you have several additonal options:

Install the CTSV Brembo 4 piston calipers that you supply from either a junkyard or buy directly from GMPD. We don't stock them.

Or we can sell you AP Racing or Wilwood Calipers in either 4 or 6 piston options. But again....why?

Do you really need 6 pistons to stop a 255 BHP street car?

If you want them, we have them and they simply bolt to your existing CTS spindles and 5x115 hubcentric CTS hubs and you go!

The key here is low cost, simplicility and choice.

After the holidays; we will post some before pictures of the CTS with the OEM rotor discs and the after pictures with our CTS 14" rotors installed on a 3.6

The pictures will reflect the OEM CTS PBR calipers installed in one set of photos, the other set will reflect the same 5 bolt 14" rotor kit with new CTSV Brembo 4 piston calipers supplied by GMPD.

The beauty of our Big Brake Rotor kit is the following:

You can install the 4 14" 5x115 rotors at all 4 wheels for one money at one time and use your existing OEM calipers and be done.

And later if money is an issue, you can add the CTSV Brake calipers by purchasing them directly "new" from GMPD or finding them on eBay or a junkyard. We just don't sell or supply the V calipers as it makes no sense.

We won't mark them up to make a profit when you can buy them directly on your own from GMPD or better yet find them for next to nothing at a junkyard or on eBay.

What you can't find or obtain however is this custom 14" 5x115 4 wheel Big Brake Rotor CTS Rotor kit designed for all 4 wheels that provides you with caliper choice options from using your own OEM calipers to the CTSV Brembo calipers or us supplying you with a race-ready AP Racing Brake Caliper set or an economy Wilwood 4 piston caliper set.

We are not going to discuss prices and options on the forum time after time to solicit business.

If your interested in more information; you email us and we'll talk once!

We'll mail you a brochure when they arrive back from the printer!

The key once again for the "reading challenged" is that there is now a 14" Big Brake Rotor Kit designed for the Cadillac CTS that has a 5x115 hubcentric bolt pattern.

You do not have to change your spindles, hubs or wheels to 6 bolt configurations or buy new 6 bolt wheel rims.

This 4 wheel kit is brain-dead simple to install.

You remove your puny OEM rotors and replace them with 14" rotors and use your existing OEM calipers with our suppield brackets and hardware and you go!.

If you want Caliper choices; you have several:

First are the CTSV Calipers that you purchase directly from GMPD new as we do for our clients or you find the same V calipers in a junkyard for a cheaper price and hope they are not damaged and work as advertised. We simply won't supply them because you can obtain them on your own from GMPD and they bolt right up to the CTS spindle.

Or the second option is that we can supply you with new fancy brake calipers made by AP Racing or Wilwood.

The AP Racing calipers are expensive (manufactured in England to our specifications for this application) as they are a true racing calipers and one if not the finest calipers made in the world.

The second option is the more economical Wilwood 4 piston caliper which is priced along the same line as the CTSV calipers that you can purchase new from GMPD or might be able to obtain from a junkyard for possibly $350 to $500 for 4 CTSV calipers and the better choice!

HOPEFULLY; everyone now understands that if you want some additional information; this is not the place to ask for it!

You email us directly at:
    sales@cadillacowners.com

You must have 18" wheel rims to install these Cadillac CTS 5x115 Big Brake Rotor Kit.

I was able to source the following part numbers and costs from GMPD for brand new Brembo CTSV Brake Calipers that include the brake pads:

Front Right Hand Leading Brake Caliper with pads: part number: 25750250: GMPD cost is $156.00 plus shipping

Front Left Hand Leading Brake Caliper with pads : part number: 25752049: GMPD cost id $156 plus shipping

Rear Right Hand Brake Caliper with pads: part number: 25750256: GMPD cost is $231.11 plus shipping

For my money, I would purchase just the front CTSV Brembo Brake calipers at approximately $300 plus shipping. They bolt directly to your CTS spindles/hubs and provide about 90% of the stopping and clamping force of any braking system if you understand the concept of brake valve proportioning and brake bias.

The rear brakes are "just along for the ride" and to invest almost $500 for new rear CTSV Brembo calipers is ridiculious. I would simply use your existing OEM single piston rear CTS caliper with our supplied bracket.

We can also provide a rear brake caliper cover that matches the front Brembo caliper to give you more of an aesthetic look. But in reality, the rear brake calipers are there just for looks and along just for the ride.

So ultimately, our complete custom 14" big brake rotor kit for all 4 wheels and your choice of brake calipers brings you home at a price and quality that no one can match!

Ulises is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Is there a cut off or deadline as to when we can purchase these rotors?

Thanks,
    Ulises

This seems pretty straight forward and easy...all I need now is 18inch rims!

Kael is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): The Mighty Kael, 2004 Black CTS, Every Option

wait a second.
    unless i missed something, wouldnt you need a different caliper bracket to moe the caliper out a bit to fit and actually work with a 14 inch rotor?

Kael is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): The Mighty Kael, 2004 Black CTS, Every Option

sorry, nevermind, i see this includes a new bracket (stock part number) and a new rotor

oh for those looking for parts source for brakes, here you go.
    http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results...artnumber=CTSV

okiwont is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have a set of V calipers that I will sells for $400.00 shipped. I think this is the best option that Pietro has put together. I would have been all over this from Pietro but 3 months ago I converted spindles rotors and calipers from a V because I could not find rotors that were 5 lug and the right dia. and offset. Now that he has a rotor that works with 5 lug and V calipers I think its the best of both worlds.

pietroraimondi is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 07 SRX V8 AWD Diamond White Sport Edition & 08 C6 LS3/418ci

Quote Originally Posted by okiwont
    I have a set of V calipers that I will sells for $400.00 shipped. I think this is the best option that Pietro has put together. I would have been all over this from Pietro but 3 months ago I converted spindles rotors and calipers from a V because I could not find rotors that were 5 lug and the right dia. and offset. Now that he has a rotor that works with 5 lug and V calipers I think its the best of both worlds.
    Actually the beauty of this kit is multifold:

For the CTS it is a true plug and play big brake 14" rotor application that provides you the ability to use your existing CTS PBR calipers with our supplied brackets. You can purchase the 14" CTS big brake rotor package in 2 piece or 1 piece configuration.

And there are far more "off the shelf" low cost 5 bolt aftermarket wheel options for the CTS, whereas with the 6 bolt CTSV hubs; your aftermarket wheel choices are very limited to the ugly Miglia's or expensive 3 piece custom wheels that can set you back at least $5000 to $6000; not to mention the cost of the V spindles, hubs etc etc to make the conversion.

Once we get the pictures posted of this CTS 5 bolt (5x115) hubcentric Big Brake Rotor Kit; you will be "blown away" by the differences in the quality and engineering of these rotors compared to the gravity cast one piece CTSV rotors. There is absolutely no comparison in quality. The Brembo is gravity cast iron. Our rotor blank is forged steel alloy with a proprietary directional vane that actually generates RWHP due to the vane design and isotropic finishing of the impellers.

The pictures will tell the story! Most folks know that I am not much of a photographer, so I am having some high resolution pictures taken and then sized so they will fit the bandwith of the Forum.

But once you see.....you will be sold!

And yes, the Brembo CTSV calipers from GMPD are by far the cheapest alternative for 4 piston booted calipers to complete the Big Brake Package.

We could order them and then resell them to you, but that makes no sense for anyone. We would have to mark them up to cover the cost of capital and shipping and again they are readily available and you can order them direct and be done. They bolt directly up to the CTS spindles right after your install our 14" CTS rotor package and your ready to roll.

You get to keep your existing 5 bolt 18" to 20" wheels and no further investment required there either!

scott9001 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 sts N* 1965 coupe deville

sorry to dig this thread out of the graves but are these guys still around? and will these rotors work on the 05+ sts

Bluehaze07 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS
    Quote Originally Posted by scott9001
    sorry to dig this thread out of the graves but are these guys still around? and will these rotors work on the 05+ sts
    I don't know If the company is till round but try stopped carrying the kit for the cts in 08.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.