Flashing
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Flashing in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Has anyone else noticed when driving with the headlights on and the dash lights dimmed a bit, that there screen ...
    Neoflex is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Flashing

Has anyone else noticed when driving with the headlights on and the dash lights
    dimmed a bit, that there screen for the climate control sometimes flashes> Please
    someone tell me this is normal for this car. It never does it when the dash lights are
    at full power. I think I read here one time that someone else experienced this. Just
    curious to what the solution was. Thanks in advance guys! You are always a big help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

BUILDINGCTSAMG is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Flashing

Ive never had this problem....its sounds somewhat perplexing...id say take it to the dealer

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

Thanks Neoflex! This morning, the day after I read this, my standard radio display / DIC decided to reset itself while driving. I was driving through town about 5 minutes after leaving home when the display "rebooted", displaying the welcome message at full brightness. It gave the ice warning (it was 23 outside) and I hit clear. The display dimmed and displayed dashes instead of the time for about 10 seconds and then returned to normal. If it becomes repeatable, I'll have to take the car in.

I swear no voo-doo involved! HeHe J/K This car does weird stuff with the electronics it seems. I know when I first got the car I put gas in it a week after I took delivery. Filled up and got back in and it had a hard time starting. Hmmm, that's weird and then I noticed my temp gauge was pinned down to as cold as it could go. Keep in mind I just drove 25 minutes prior and only stopped long enough for gas. My thought was "Oh great brand new car and its F'ed up already" After 10 min of driving the temp guage decided to crawl back up to normal temp just as if I started it cold at the gas station. I waited to see if it persisted and sure enough I have been lucky(Knock on Wood) and it has not returned. Wierd non the less. The flashing has me baffled. I guess I need to visit the dealer although a couple people over a cadillacowners seem to have experienced it too. Who knows maybe its normal. Maybe its big brother watching over us using On-Star, and the flashes are for secret hidden cameras. HeHe J/K. Prob could make a good movie.

GBS
    GBS is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Mine is having some kind of "flashing" problem as well. Will be bringing my car in to the dealer soon. I'll let everyone know if the find something.

paulct is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by GBS
    Mine is having some kind of "flashing" problem as well. Will be bringing my car in to the dealer soon. I'll let everyone know if the find something.
    Could you guys post if you have '03 or '04 and with or without NAV?

The only thing I have noticed is that it will change the brightess sometimes when you don't really expect it. Like you are sitting under an overpass, and it thinks its dark outside, it goes into night mode, then when you are back in the light it goes bright.

Paul
    04 with nav

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

My '04 has the standard radio. The "reboot" incident took place while driving before dawn with the headlights in auto mode and on. The car had been running for about 5-10 minutes, after being in the garage overnight, with the outside temperature about 20.

04 with the reg. head unit. Mine only flashes when the lights are on and the dash lights are dimmed.

GBS
    GBS is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Mine's an 04 with the standard radio and it seems to do it with the lights on or off.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.