accident
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, accident in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Well, after no wrecks in our two old cars for years. The other day somebody ran into my wife while ...
    Scott is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

accident

Well, after no wrecks in our two old cars for years. The other day somebody ran into my wife while she was driving the new CTS. She is fine, the air bags didn't go off. The right side rear door and fender is smashed good and the rear right rim is messed up. The car could still drive. The other guy has Century 21 insurance. We took the car to the dealer's body shop yesterday. Their estimate is 3000-3500 and it will take about 10 days. We notice a head light was out, wreck related? Any advice? We'll see how well they match that pearl white.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

BUILDINGCTSAMG is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: accident

Glad to hear everyone is alright.
    Post pictures of the car if you have them, people love to see all the gore.
    She should be thankful the airbags did not deploy as in a side impact if the front goes off you go into a world of pain. As far as advice, when you get the car back be a total dick. Examine the paint and if any the new paint does not look perfect insist they do it over. Then take the car out and drive it pretty hard, if you hear any squeeks or rattles or sounds that were not there before send it back.
    Its your car so insist on the absolute best.
    Also your entitled to a rental especially if it was the other cars fault....take advantage of that. Finnaly if anything is hurting at all, even a stiff back, insist that your wife goes and gets checked out (the other insurance company will reimburse you for it), in the end a car is only a car but your wife if way more precious.

oh and on a side note the body shop aint gonna have an easy time with pearl white, its supposed to take them three layers to get one coat.

Mikethegreeat is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by BUILDINGCTSAMG
    Glad to hear everyone is alright.
    Post pictures of the car if you have them, people love to see all the gore.
    She should be thankful the airbags did not deploy as in a side impact if the front goes off you go into a world of pain. As far as advice, when you get the car back be a total dick. Examine the paint and if any the new paint does not look perfect insist they do it over. Then take the car out and drive it pretty hard, if you hear any squeeks or rattles or sounds that were not there before send it back.
    Its your car so insist on the absolute best.
    Also your entitled to a rental especially if it was the other cars fault....take advantage of that. Finnaly if anything is hurting at all, even a stiff back, insist that your wife goes and gets checked out (the other insurance company will reimburse you for it), in the end a car is only a car but your wife if way more precious.

oh and on a side note the body shop aint gonna have an easy time with pearl white, its supposed to take them three layers to get one coat.
    ]

OMG...i feel so bad for you and your wife! glad that no one got hurt!

MAKE SURE WHEN YOU GET YOUR CAR BACK THAT YOU DON'T WASH/WAX THE CAR FOR ABOUT A MONTH OR EVEN LONGER! DOING THAT WILL CAUSE THE RE-PAINTED AREA TO GO DULL AFTER TIME....I made the mistake of doing that when my car was hit on the driver side door, got the car back the same day i washed and waxed it. I later found out that the fresh paint became dull later that year.. i dont wanna talk about it anymore....

Neoflex is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Washing it should be fine. Wait atleast 48 hours to wash it. Just be sure not to wax for 30 days otherwise you will seal in gases that need to escape from the fresh paint, but washing will have no ill effect on the longevity of the shine. Be sure not to use any car wash soap with waxes in them, and stay away from car washes for the 30 days, wssh it yourself.

robrr2000 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I had something like that happen to me about a month or two ago... was the fith car in a 6 car end to ender on the mass pike(highway in Ma). front and rear damage was estimated at around $3900 to $4500. but after they took it apart and everything was said and done.. the guys insurance co. spent just under $12k including my rental. either way.. im glad to hear everybody is ok, best of luck to ya.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.