Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  SdMarineGuy 
#1 ·
Couldn't hold my horse much longer...am this close to buy them...need your advice....
Stopped by at wheel store and fell in love with Luxe Wheels brand and the
model name is LX1 which is similar to '06 12 spoke wheels. The wheel size is 19 x 8.5 and the guy said the tires would be Michelins. The bolt size is 114.3

The guy said it is going to be no problem making it work with my CTS even though those wheels are designed for Mercedes. Said it would be $2,350 for the whole package labor included.

Is that possible or am I being taken for a ride??? Left him a fax letter saying to hold off the ordering until I consulted with CTS friends.
Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
$2000-$2500 is about the going price for a nice set of new tires and wheels. Stick with a 245/40R19 tire for correct fit. You may be able to get 255/35R19's (if you can find them) in there, but the fronts will be very close to the bumper when you turn the wheels. Also make sure the offset is somewhere (very) close to 40mm positive. Many run 114.3mm (4.5") bolt circles on their CTS's. Hubcentric rings are a good idea, since the stock hub circle is 115mm. It's only about 30 thousanths difference, but it's cheap insurance to keep the wheels rotating correctly without vibes.

#4 ·
Update: I called the Luxe Wheels office and got a number to call a local wholesaler. To my surprise this guy said he can do the works for $1,900 plus tax. Am going to have them done tomrorow morning. It sure pays to do some
"homework".

Bless to those guys who gave vaulable advice fast. Can't wait to let go of my horses.

#9 ·
Smokin' 04 CTS said:
the 19's seem like a good idea. 1900 is high, but if they are a brand rim it may be worth it. i got my 20's brand new with warranty and nittos for less than 1500.
Just because they are a known brand name doesn't make them good rims. Been there, done that. I had a set of rims on my 97' Blazer and 3 out of 4 wheels had cracked spokes. How did you manage to get 20's w/tires for $1500? My cost on my Falken's was $680, retail was something like $900 and my brand name Enkie 20's were $1200 instead of $1700.

#11 ·
CTS of OC said:
Couldn't hold my horse much longer...am this close to buy them...need your advice....
Stopped by at wheel store and fell in love with Luxe Wheels brand and the
model name is LX1 which is similar to '06 12 spoke wheels. The wheel size is 19 x 8.5 and the guy said the tires would be Michelins. The bolt size is 114.3

The guy said it is going to be no problem making it work with my CTS even though those wheels are designed for Mercedes. Said it would be $2,350 for the whole package labor included.

Is that possible or am I being taken for a ride??? Left him a fax letter saying to hold off the ordering until I consulted with CTS friends.
Thanks in advance.
Do you live in Ocean Side, CA by any chance I have some Dvinci Tuscani with Nitto tires for sale.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.