Install subwoofer on stock system for 2k4 CTS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Install subwoofer on stock system for 2k4 CTS in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; just got my new CTS and want to know if it is possible to hook up a subwoofer to the ...
    t1break is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Install subwoofer on stock system for 2k4 CTS

just got my new CTS and want to know if it is possible to hook up a subwoofer to the stock system (non-bose)?

Does it have a set of preamps?

Are there any sites you recommend for a CTS owner for those looking to make additions to their car?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

BUILDINGCTSAMG is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Install subwoofer on stock system for 2k4 CTS

As for the sub it is definately possible (and to a certain degree easy) to hook up another subwoofer to the stock system. You will need an amp to get the best sound and i would not install it without an amp

Denchikd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS Lux Sport, 2004 Yukon Denali, 2013 XTS Platinum

check out this site:

http://www.pac-audio.com/products/oem1.htm

this may help you. I know you definetly need something like this for a BOSE system...I dont know the difference between the bose and the non bose...but I suspect the audio system will be similiar.

t1break is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by BUILDINGCTSAMG
    As for the sub it is definately possible (and to a certain degree easy) to hook up another subwoofer to the stock system. You will need an amp to get the best sound and i would not install it without an amp
    So do I need any adapters or are there preamps for the amp or powered sub? Thinking about getting the Infintiy BassLink , any reccomendations

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

I have very high doubts that there are preamp outputs on a system like that. The Basslink is a good place to start, but you will probably need a speaker level to line level converter to make it work. I believe that the Basslink can also accept direct speaker level input if you want to splice off the rear deck, but line level is always best.

hog4oc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I put basslink in my wife's bmw 2000 e39, was pretty easy.

Quote Originally Posted by t1break
    So do I need any adapters or are there preamps for the amp or powered sub? Thinking about getting the Infintiy BassLink , any reccomendations

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.