Three questions about my newly bought 03 CTS.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sammy Z
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Three questions about my newly bought 03 CTS. in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Hey there. First time poster. I have been lingering around this site for awhile before I picked up my CTS. ...
    RecklessAngels is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS

Three questions about my newly bought 03 CTS.

Hey there. First time poster. I have been lingering around this site for awhile before I picked up my CTS. Just got the car last week and I got three issues with it.

1. Headlights - http://i.imgur.com/b7wqSZm.jpg - I have seen this issue with a lot of early models of CTS'. I was wondering what I can do fix it instead of shelling out cash for new lights?

2. Front Emblem - http://i.imgur.com/sRrVYkz.jpg - I guess due to time/sun, the emblem is.. turning blue? Not even sure how to describe that! I'd rather figure out a way to restore it instead of paying $100+ for a new emblem.

3. Water in door - No picture for this, but it rained pretty bad here a couple of days ago. The next day I was driving and heard water moving around in the door. Obviously I was completely confused. I looked at it and had to pull a seal open to drain it. Any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks once again! And here is a picture of my steed! Only 26K miles! - http://i.imgur.com/G2Xe1Le.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Sammy Z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS 03

Re: Three questions about my newly bought 03 CTS.

There are kits that you can buy that give you what you need to sand and polish the lights, search the forum for the best recommendation.

It looks like someone did a low-cost Gold upgrade because that emblem should be chrome. Go to e-bay and look for the original chrome one, they hold up to the weather better.

If that car was not garage kept, i'm sure there is dirt and leaves in the door blocking the drains. Open the panel and clean the bottom, you may have to prime and paint the inside to stop the rust.
    CTSjones likes this.

RecklessAngels is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS

Thanks!

The only thing is about the emblem, the car was bought brand new and kept by one person the entire time, my grandmother. So I don't think anyone did any gold upgrades. I guess my only choice is to buy all new emblems.

CTSjones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS 3.2L manual

Gold emblems were part of the Elderly Driver Package.

Aurora5000 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 Blackberry 2004 CTS 3.6 Loaded

Check salvage or ebay.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.