The world's first Cadillac CTS with natural gas consuming engine))))
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By sandalet
  • 1 Post By sandalet
  • 1 Post By Tony427
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, The world's first Cadillac CTS with natural gas consuming engine)))) in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; ---------- Through the installation of of this equipment, I received a marked improvement from 1500 rpm dynamics also silent running ...
    sandalet is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-2003, 3.2 automatic

The world's first Cadillac CTS with natural gas consuming engine))))

----------

Through the installation of of this equipment, I received a marked improvement from 1500 rpm dynamics also silent running idling, and not having absolutely no smell clean exhaust. The octane number of a given fuel-105, the engine is almost impossible to get detonation, I can go 40 km \ h in fifth gear and it will not switch down. I improved my score 0-100km \ h)))
    CTSjones likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ikera is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS 3.2, 1990 Nissan 240sx Turbocharged

Re: The world's first Cadillac CTS with natural gas consuming engine))))

wow looks interesting, is there a Natural Gas Conversion kit made or did you make everything yourself.

Tlorenzen is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06RedCTS3.6Lux;V Exhaust,Tint,Rx-CAI-Can-Ice,AuxJack
    Interesting. Do tell more.

ztollon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    What's the power like?

I will try to make a video and show
    CTSjones likes this.

Tony427 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS 3.6 Luxury Sports

Just digging up this slightly old thread as I'm just finishing off my LPG install and require a bit of information.

I need to splice in two wires (one each bank of cylinders) from the gas ECU into the CTS Lambda sensor wiring for a piggy back signal to fine tune the gas ECU.

Unfortunately each Lambda has 6 wires and its very difficult to find out which of the six wires I need to splice into. The kit is a Stag 300 6 ISA from Poland and emails to Stag have elicited zero response.

Sandalet did you have to splice into the Lambda sensors and if so which wires?

Anyone else know which colour wires I should splice into?

Cheers,

Tony

Hi Guys,

A big thank you to Luke Butler from Lindsay Cadillac who went the extra mile to send me some wiring diagrams that enabled me to finish my LPG install. I then got the Mrs to drive me about for 45 minutes whilst I tuned the LPG computer through a link up with the laptop. Its now almost perfect ( a bit rich at high revs but what the heck) but I can always tune it anytime..

Suffice to say I'm so pleased to be able to buy fuel at 60 pence per litre instead of £1.33 per litre. Given that in two weeks time we are off on a 3000 mile holiday I will actually almost get payback on the costs of the install just from the savings on the holiday fuel.

As the Caddy is actually my Mrs commuter car she will see a saving of over £150 per month on her fuel bill alone. Plus I can add a good 50% to my oil change intervals as the LPGis so clean there's no hydrocarbons to dirty and contaminate the oil.

I'm a very happy bunny tonight.

Cheers,

Tony
    jgclark likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony427 View Post

Sandalet did you have to splice into the Lambda sensors and if so which wires?

Anyone else know which colour wires I should splice into?

Cheers,

Tony
    I'm sorry, just now saw your question. On my gas equipment no connections to the injectors. All data are taken from the socket OBD, this connector is docked special socket on the computer LPG.

By the way, I strongly suggest you to use the equipment BRC. You will forget about the correction of the fuel mixture and high fuel consumption.

Quote Originally Posted by sandalet View Post
    I'm sorry, just now saw your question. On my gas equipment no connections to the injectors. All data are taken from the socket OBD, this connector is docked special socket on the computer LPG.

By the way, I strongly suggest you to use the equipment BRC. You will forget about the correction of the fuel mixture and high fuel consumption.
    Thanks for that, I've bought a Stag system as it was cheap and seemed to be able to do the job, and to be honest it has.

I spent a few more miles collecting getting the high revs/ high power petrol map, it appears that the Mr's idea of full throttle is significantly below what I consider full throttle, and now the LPG map is a mirror of the petriol mapping throughout the load and rev range.

The only downside is a EML code which tells me that the fuel tank pressure sensor isnt seeing a big enough vacuum, so its out of range. Yep, when no fuel is getting sucked out of the tank there will be significantly less vacuum in the tank. I may rig up a restricted tank purging line into the inlet manifold so that there is some vacuum in the fuel tank but then again perhaps I'll just ignore the light.

I asked the other half if the EML light annoyed her and her comment was "What light?"

Re BRC I trade the odd car and I sold a Nissan Xtrail last week with a BRC system on it and it looked a very good system, very well thought out. Its not available for home tinkerers like me however in the UK and getting help and spare parts is difficult. Its also a bit pricey to get a kit installed by a professional, it would have cost me what I paid for the car!!

LPG prices over here seem to be falling and LPg can now be bought at 50 pence per litre compared to £1.29 per litre for unleaded. thats £5.86 a UK gallon to you lucky colonials .........or $9.72.......

Cheers,

Tony

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.