""EX"" Cut two pigtail/sensor harness off engine please help
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, ""EX"" Cut two pigtail/sensor harness off engine please help in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Hello CTS World… I recently got out of an abusive relationship which one of the results was him cutting off ...
    LILDOVE520 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS

Unhappy ""EX"" Cut two pigtail/sensor harness off engine please help

Hello CTS World… I recently got out of an abusive relationship which one of the results was him cutting off two pigtail/sensor harness (not sure what to call it) from under the hood of my car. My car is a 2003 CTS 3.2L. If anyone can please tell me what these two pigtail/sensor harness is called, so that I can get them replaced. And also the wire diagram that it should match up to, because it makes no sense to me. I only have loose wires but I was able to get pictures off the internet of what’s missing. Even if possible, can someone tell me how the wire colors are supposed to match up together? Here are some pictures of what I am looking for and the wire colors that supposed to match together somehow.

The one of the Driver Side have a three wire set my colors are:
    Lite Pink.............................................. ........................... Red
    Brown w/ a White stripe............................................ ... Black
    Dark Pink w/ a Black stripe............................................ . Green
    (On one side)............................................. . .. (The other side)

The other one on the Passenger Side have a two wire set my colors are:
    Blue.............................................. .......................... White wire
    Gray.............................................. . The other wire is silver loose wire
    (On one side) ............................................ (The other side)

Thanks for any and all information.....
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ikera is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS 3.2, 1990 Nissan 240sx Turbocharged

Re: ""EX"" Cut two pigtail/sensor harness off engine please help

in the pictures it looks like you're pointing at Cam Position Sensors.
    so were the wires just cut or cut, unplugged and removed?
    if the wires were just cut, I would suggest to simply solder them back and shrink wrap.
    if the the connectors (pigtails) removed, then you would need to know which ends are you missing.
    I hope this makes sense.
    because you could be missing the sensor end of the plug, which is easy because you can just buy a new sensor and connect it to the engine wire harness
    or you could be missing the wire harness end of the plug, in which case I would suggest going to junk yard, cutting off connectors (pigtails) from a junked CTS 3.2 and soldering them into yours

LILDOVE520 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS

Yes he cut them and removed both ends. I only have the wires left, and I have no clue what to order. I live in Atlanta GA and so far none of the pick and pull or junk yards have the model CTS I am looking for. So, I was wondering if I could find out what they are called then I might be able to order it from a junk yard off of carparts.com. Then I can match the wire colors and have them soldered back together. But, most of all THANK YOU SO MUCH for responding. Your response took a lot of stress off because the Dealerships and three other people have told me that I am going to have to have the engine pulled out to put a new engine harness on it. I almost past out and then to continue to hear the same thing was stressful. Now, I know I was correct and just find out what I need and replace them. I just need to know what to ask for.

Ikera is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS 3.2, 1990 Nissan 240sx Turbocharged

oh I see now, since you're missing connectors on both ends, I would recommend to find which wires connects to which and solder them together. cost $0
    if you're going to be replacing the cam sensor that would cost you $70 each and then you would still have find connector to solder to the engine harness side.
    I tried to check on my engine, but I couldn't see the wires on the sensor side because the connector is made of hard plastic. But you might be able to find a wiring schematic for the camshaft sensors. Hope there was nothing else sabotaged on the car

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.