Cadillac Owners Forum banner

cts starting problems

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  AAIIIC 
#1 ·
Ok I have no idea what my 03 cts is doing. First it was coding for po420 & po496. I changed the fuel filter and fuel cap. After a bit the po420 code turned into po446. The car was starting to act up by not wanting to start after putting gas in now its just not wanting to start. No clicking sound when trying to start just seems like it's not wanting to catch the spark to actually start. Spark plugs maybe?

----------

Also it is no longer having check engine light on nor is it coding.

#4 ·
The p0446 I believe is the gas cap, just undo it and put it back, make sure it clicks when tightening. If you search this site you should find an answer. I believe the no start after filling with gas is a problem with the purge solenoid. Once you've checked and or replaced these, clear all codes and start over. ( codes with a H at the end are history, codes with a C at the end are current )

#8 ·
For me that solves problems.. Take the advice..don't take it.. Spammer.. I've been on this board a while... It's ok for you to answer but not me...

Here is CF definition.
.Cf is experiencing a rash of spammers from the middle east - India and Pakistan primarily - that post multiple threads containing "watch this online" gibberish reviews and links - be careful - most of the "links" are malware downloads.

Report a suspicious thread/post to Admin by clicking the little icon with the ! in the lower left corner.

Keep your Forum clean and help to throw trash in the proper container. Thanks, CF Staff.

#9 ·
For me that solves problems.. Take the advice..don't take it.. Spammer.. I've been on this board a while...
Yes, "Aurora5000" has been a member since 2003, but that username hasn't posted in this CTS forum since July 2010. For some reason over the course of the past few days that account has posted essentially the same "disconnect/replace the battery" advice in 13 different threads, despite the fact that in a number of those threads the battery is clearly not the issue. I don't think it's unreasonable to wonder if the account got hacked.

It's ok for you to answer but not me...
You can answer threads to your heart's content, just be aware that people are going to wonder if your account has been hacked by a spambot if you post the same wording in multiple threads and the context of your response doesn't make any sense.

Here is CF definition.
That's not a definition, that's an example.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.