cts starting problems
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, cts starting problems in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Ok I have no idea what my 03 cts is doing. First it was coding for po420 & po496. I ...
    SilentChick is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS

cts starting problems

Ok I have no idea what my 03 cts is doing. First it was coding for po420 & po496. I changed the fuel filter and fuel cap. After a bit the po420 code turned into po446. The car was starting to act up by not wanting to start after putting gas in now its just not wanting to start. No clicking sound when trying to start just seems like it's not wanting to catch the spark to actually start. Spark plugs maybe?

----------

Also it is no longer having check engine light on nor is it coding.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Aurora5000 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 Blackberry 2004 CTS 3.6 Loaded

Re: cts starting problems

Unplug the battery, both terminals for an hour. If battery suspect, get a new one.

SilentChick is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Even though all lights come on? I'll still give it a try

pearl03 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    The p0446 I believe is the gas cap, just undo it and put it back, make sure it clicks when tightening. If you search this site you should find an answer. I believe the no start after filling with gas is a problem with the purge solenoid. Once you've checked and or replaced these, clear all codes and start over. ( codes with a H at the end are history, codes with a C at the end are current )

curtc is online now OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 129k
    Do the 03's have the same EVAP purge solenoids as the later 3.6's? Sounds similar...
    Past Cadillac's

2004 CTS 3.6L - 2011-2012
    2001 Seville Touring Sedan - 2006-2011
    1995 Seville Touring Sedan - 2005-2006

AAIIIC is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora5000 View Post
    Unplug the battery, both terminals for an hour. If battery suspect, get a new one.
    To accomplish what? And why an hour instead of 30sec or 5min or whatever?
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Argent1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS 3.6

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    To accomplish what? And why an hour instead of 30sec or 5min or whatever?
    That seems to be his answer to every post/problem. Spammer ?

Aurora5000 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 Blackberry 2004 CTS 3.6 Loaded

For me that solves problems.. Take the advice..don't take it.. Spammer.. I've been on this board a while... It's ok for you to answer but not me...

Here is CF definition.
    .Cf is experiencing a rash of spammers from the middle east - India and Pakistan primarily - that post multiple threads containing "watch this online" gibberish reviews and links - be careful - most of the "links" are malware downloads.

Report a suspicious thread/post to Admin by clicking the little icon with the ! in the lower left corner.

Keep your Forum clean and help to throw trash in the proper container. Thanks, CF Staff.

AAIIIC is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

For me that solves problems.. Take the advice..don't take it.. Spammer.. I've been on this board a while...
    Yes, "Aurora5000" has been a member since 2003, but that username hasn't posted in this CTS forum since July 2010. For some reason over the course of the past few days that account has posted essentially the same "disconnect/replace the battery" advice in 13 different threads, despite the fact that in a number of those threads the battery is clearly not the issue. I don't think it's unreasonable to wonder if the account got hacked.

It's ok for you to answer but not me...
    You can answer threads to your heart's content, just be aware that people are going to wonder if your account has been hacked by a spambot if you post the same wording in multiple threads and the context of your response doesn't make any sense.

Here is CF definition.
    That's not a definition, that's an example.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.