Cadillac Owners Forum banner

03 CTS: Is there a fuse inside the driver's door pnl.?

2K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  ziggie 
#1 ·
My driver's side windows quit (both frt & rear) windows do not move --- when I use the driver's door switches I hear a click or relay click but windows don't move.

The fuses under the rear seat is good, is there any other fuses?

Any other ideas?

#7 ·
remove passenger front seat (weighs a million pounds). pull up the rear passenger carpet. there are 5 fat red (10gauge or so) wires that meet in the middle of the rear passenger floor pan and are joined by a copper crimp connector. these are the power wires to each door. Ive repeated seen this connection become loose of corroded and cause one, two, three or all four door windows to quit. many times this has been the issue. Just need to remove corrosion and recrimp together.

#13 · (Edited)
Your opinion:
All of a sudden, (the starter is acting up), when trying to start, it sounds like a low battery condition but battery is a new high amp and had it checked to be good.

As I turn the switch to start, I hear that the solenoid engaged the Bendix but nothing happens !!

Do you think it might be these wiring again or the starter ??

#14 ·
I came up before the ASE but built a few hot-rods ... so I'm going to address this wiring issue !!

I disconnected battery and the passenger seat 2 wiring connecter's and with help of a friend removed the (Da**) heavy seat and will start removing the door seals and carpet to get access to this wiring connectors.

I also noticed the stuff in the dash glove compartment was wet, I can only guess that a water leak was coming from the cabin filter area.

Will post my on-going experiences.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.