#5 Engine misfire with horrible shaking. Please help!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, #5 Engine misfire with horrible shaking. Please help!!! in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I have a cylinder #5 misfire. I have already changed all 6 plugs, the coil on cylinder #5 that is ...
    Melb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS

#5 Engine misfire with horrible shaking. Please help!!!

I have a cylinder #5 misfire. I have already changed all 6 plugs, the coil on cylinder #5 that is misfiring, and the injector. I know that is the cylinder by running a scanner and it repeatedly come back with the same code after being cleared. Also while accelerating the engine light is solid when settling into a speed say 60mph the light starts blinking. The idle is rough half the time and the car shakes horribly! Any ideas???

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package

Re: #5 Engine misfire with horrible shaking. Please help!!!

Swap the coil pack with cylinder 5 and 6. If the problem follows the coil pack, then change that out. If not then it maybe something else, just report back.

Swapping coil packs of cylinders 5 and 6 will only take a few minutes as you don't need to remove the upper intake.

KOT

I already did that before I changed the coil. The problem didn't follow but I replaced it anyways just to be sure.

ztollon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Any vacuum leaks/intake manifold gasket failure?

superman21_00 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 cts

I have the same problem with my 04 cts but with #2 cylinder I have changed the coil, spark plugs, fuel injector and have tested if it is grounded. I finally gave in and took it to the dealership and they are telling me that the ECM is bad so that is 900.00 going to that. I hope it fixes the problem.

----------

Oh ya my car has 107,000 miles and the dealership told me that they tried to get into the computer but that the computer would not let them in the program.

I dont believe there are any leaks we replaced a couple seals around the vacuum hoses.

----------

ieve i jave any leaks. I already replaced the seals on the vacuum hoses.

----------

Please let me know if the emc fixes the problem! I am planning on taking mine in monday so ill see what they say.

superman21_00 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 cts

Will do, mine will be ready on Monday afternoon so will post it up if it fixed the problem.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.