Winter Tires and Sport Suspension
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Winter Tires and Sport Suspension in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I picked up my CTS today (1sb, sports suspension, cashmere, neutral) and want to get a set of winter tires ...
    c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

Winter Tires and Sport Suspension

I picked up my CTS today (1sb, sports suspension, cashmere, neutral) and want to get a set of winter tires on 16" CTS take-off wheels. Will there be a fitment problem when I remove the 17" wheels and replace them with 16" winter wheels / tires?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

catbert is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Winter Tires and Sport Suspension

Quote Originally Posted by c5 rv
    I picked up my CTS today (1sb, sports suspension, cashmere, neutral) and want to get a set of winter tires on 16" CTS take-off wheels. Will there be a fitment problem when I remove the 17" wheels and replace them with 16" winter wheels / tires?

You should be good to go :coolgleam

BUILDINGCTSAMG is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Yeah defn no problem, but realy i would try not to get winter tires unless you have deep snow

kharmair is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS Lux/Sport 5-Spd

I have the 17" wheels/tires and live in SE Michigan which usually gets a moderate amount of snow. Rear wheel drive, high torque, and wider profile (than most ordinary cars) are all factors that diminish wet and snow traction, but after driving the car last winter I think the factory tires are OK. They tend to spin which can definitely be controlled and fun, so just be careful and remember that the car cannot accelerate, brake or turn as fast as usual. Sure, the AWD German sedans, 4wd Big 3 trucks and soccer mom SUVs will try and fly past you, but once they exceed the limits of adhesion, they too will slide.

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

Message heard & understood. I'll give it a try with the stock tires this winter and see how it goes. Hmm, that leaves money for a mesh grille now...

paulct is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I just put the 16's on, and just went out in the snow. OF course I had to turn around because the roads around here are totally gridlocked with our first snow of the year. But it went pretty good. I am VERY happy so far with the Dunlops.

I don't think you'll find the 17" with normal tires much use in the snow. See the recent post over at cadillacowners from the guy who just tried it!

Paul

BUILDINGCTSAMG is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I have driven my cts with 17s in the snow with little problems, i just wouldnt go out for fun in it. ...I wonder what will happen with my 18s and eibach suspension!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.