2003/4 CTS Base Model Updates?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 2003/4 CTS Base Model Updates? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I've read that Caddy is planning updates to the motor & interior of the next model year CTS (base not ...
    djoneill is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Question 2003/4 CTS Base Model Updates?

I've read that Caddy is planning updates to the motor & interior of the next model year CTS (base not V).

Anyone know if/when these will be available? Are 2003.5 models shipping to dealers now?

Thanks,

Dave

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers
    i havent heard anything solid, but it seems likely that the 2004's will have some changes but i dont think anytime before that

Devil_concours is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    from what i've heard so far, they are going to address all the complaints and more. Interior is going to be more luxurious, and engine is going to be more powerful (somewhere in 250+hp range)

PHATCAD is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V
    from what i've heard so far, they are going to address all the complaints and more. Interior is going to be more luxurious, and engine is going to be more powerful (somewhere in 250+hp range)
    Hello, everyone first post I'm sure everyone knows that the CTSV will have Corvettes LS1 with somewhere around 350 to 400 hp

Welcome to cadillacforumS.com. Is that your cts in the pic? Niiiiice

djoneill is offline Cadillac Owners Member

When, exactly?

Hi-

Thanks for the great info! What I should have asked is, "when will the updates to the interior & engine be available? Late 2003?"

Thanks!

Dave

I'm guessing this summer. Most cadillac dealer doesn't seem to have any idea what i'm talking about.

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers
    Originally posted by Devil_concours
    I'm guessing this summer. Most cadillac dealer doesn't seem to have any idea what i'm talking about.

cadillac dealer i talked to a few weeks ago told me not to believe everything i read, and that the v-series is just a rumor, i mentioned it was on the cadillac website but he did not seem impressed

Originally posted by Brett
    cadillac dealer i talked to a few weeks ago told me not to believe everything i read, and that the v-series is just a rumor, i mentioned it was on the cadillac website but he did not seem impressed
    lol that's a classic
    When i bought my 02 f250 4door lariat w/7.3l powerstroke diesel, I would have waited another month or two for the 03 model if i knew/if the salesman told me about the updated transmission and engine that will be on the 03 models.

ljklaiber is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS 200K miles
    Glad I came to CTS forum. Phatcads photo is the best looking CTS I have seen. Only way I can get my 95 SLS back from wife is get her to like the CTS..LOL. driving her old 92 Civic is a bore.

Good info....Thanks

BUILDINGCTSAMG is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    went around today to a dozen or so high perfomance places, no one on the east seems to be touching the cts's unless you want to drop a ton of money.

Tyler80 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS
    Heads up for 2004. Bigdaddycoats from the Edmunds.com board has found a site with information regarding the 2004 Cadillac CTS changes and or upgrades. The site 2004 Online Order / Reference Guide has specific ordering information regarding many GM makes and models I'm assuming for use by dealerships. Navigation is quick and easy and could provide some much needed information regarding package option changes for the 2004 model as well as engine questions. I have cut and pasted the "new" information for the 2004 Cadillac CTS. But there have been some option packages that have changed or that have been added that might interest you if you're looking to buy a 2004 Cadillac CTS like I am. Anyways big thanks to Bigdaddycoats for the heads up on this website, let the 2004 CTS information search continue.

Deletions

Exterior color 12U Sterling
    Exterior color 84U Garnet Red
    Exterior color 85U Copper Sunburst

New Features

Exterior color 29U Red Line
    Exterior color 42U Silver Smoke
    Driver and front passenger 2-way power lumbar added to (AH8) Seat adjuster
    (PDL) Luxury Package included on 1SB and 1SC
    (PDP) Luxury Performance Package available on 1SA
    (PDX) Sport Package available on 1SA and 1SB. Standard on 1SC
    (LY7) 3.6L V6 Engine (260 hp) available on 1SA, standard on 1SB and 1SC
    New design for (QF7) 17" aluminum painted wheels available on 1SA and 1SB
    New design for (N93) 17" aluminum mirror-polish finish wheels standard on 1SC

Changes

Exterior color (25U) has name change from Blue Onyx to Blue Chip
    Exterior color (41U) has name change from Sable Black to Black Raven
    Engine water temperature gauge replaces clock in IP (late 2003 change)
    (LA3) 3.2L V6 Engine standard on 1SA
    (M35) 5-speed manual Getrag transmission standard on 1SA. Not available on 1SB or 1SC
    (M82) 5-speed automatic transmission available on 1SA. Standard on 1SB and 1SC
    (KA1) Heated driver and front passenger seats require (PDL) Luxury Package
    (UAV) Sound system with DVD navigation now includes (U2K XM Satellite Radio)
    (PF4) 16" aluminum painted wheels standard on 1SA
    (PX0) 16" aluminum bright machined finish wheels standard on 1SB

You can check out the GM 2004 Online Order / Reference Guide by copy and pasting the link below into your browser.
    http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/dom...004&regionID=1

peccles is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    I was surprised to see no manual trans for the 3.6L engine. I hope this new
    engine allows the CTS to get better gas mileage.

From what I have heard: many people have called their dealers to see if the no manual transmission on the 3.6L is a mistake or to complain about GM only offering it on the 3.2L. What the dealers have said is manual transmission CTS's only account for 2% of total CTS sales. Basicially put, if people don't buy, dealers stop ordering, and manufactures stop producing.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.