2003/4 CTS Base Model Updates? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 2003/4 CTS Base Model Updates? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; In 2005, the 3.2-liter V-6 will be dropped, and the 3.6-liter V-6 will be available with a six-speed manual, says ...
    Brett is offline Watching the Watchers
    In 2005, the 3.2-liter V-6 will be dropped, and the 3.6-liter V-6 will be available with a six-speed manual, says Jim Federico, GM's chief engineer for prestige vehicles

thats from an automotive news article, sorry no link, you have to be registered for it to work. if you are registered go to the site and do a search for CTS

Devil_concours is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Originally posted by b4z
    You might be thinking of the manual transmissions that have been modified to shift automatically, like BMW's SMG and Ferrari's automanual. These transmissions rip off lightning quick shifts, fasster than any human can do. Even quicker than sequential manual transmissions that do not require the clutch to be used for an upshift or downshift.
    Since these are manual transmissions they do not have torque convertors and do not cost hp like a automatic does.
    i don't get it. System used by BMW and ferrari are sequential manuals.

And most companies do not use sequential manual instead they use an automatic with little bit more human control

i might be misunderstanding you devil and this topic seems familiar as well, but the sequential manuals are NOT just automatics with more control. they are designed like manual transmissions, no torque convertor, etc.

Devil_concours is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Originally posted by Brett
    i might be misunderstanding you devil and this topic seems familiar as well, but the sequential manuals are NOT just automatics with more control. they are designed like manual transmissions, no torque convertor, etc.
    edit for ya

peccles is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    In 2005, the 3.2-liter V-6 will be dropped, and the 3.6-liter V-6 will be available with a six-speed manual, says Jim Federico, GM's chief engineer for prestige vehicles
    GM probably thinks a large majority
    of people will opt for the 3.6L and they
    will probably be right. It would be costly
    to keep the 3.2L around just for the CTS.

They should make the magnetic ride
    control an option for the '05 model year.

ahh...thanks devil, i knew you knew what you were talking about

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black
    My term "sequential manual" was used to describe a racing transmission where they just pull on the lever backwards or forwards to shift.
    They still have a clutch pedal to start the car off and can still use it if they want.
    Not the type of transmission used by Ferrari and BMW in their street cars.
    Sorry for the confusion.

Sen
    Sen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    So is 2004 worth waiting for?

i would say yes, why have the outdated equipment when you can wait a few months to get the new stuff. I've read the New v-6 will start appearing in sep-oct. If you want a 5 speed you might as well buy now, since the engine will be the same

Spike is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Ehhh? So whats the story here???

2003 gets 3.2 liter engine, 5 speed manual or Auto

but

2004 gets 3.6 liter engine with auto trans, but in 2004 if you guy a manual CTS you get the old 3.2 liter engine, but with 6 speeds instead of 5???

Is that how it's going to be?

That makes utterly no sense to me, why would they make the manual tranny car come with a smaller engine in a $30k+ SPORTS SEDAN car? In fact, if this is true it downright PISSES ME OFF. This is the kind of crap that is sending GM right down the drain...

someone please tell me that it's not true, that all CTS cars, both manual and auto, will be getting the 3.6 right? PLEASE!!

Nope

3.6 is auto only

3.2 is 5 speed only

2005 model: all models will have 3.6 with either auto or 6 speed

well, thats great... I guess the guys that managed Oldsmobile into oblivion got transfered to Cadillac. What a wonderful marketing strategy for caddy's "reputation changing" sports sedan.

"Let's hose those inbreds that want a true sports sedan (you know the ones, folks that want to use it as an actual sports sedan and row their own gears - those people are stupid for looking at a Caddy!), and reward the folks that just want to putt-putt down to the bank to cash their social security check and get to the Country Kitchen before the 4pm dinner price change - they are our true audience for this car anyway - let's make those sports-sedan inbred guys that want a stick pay $20k more to get the CTSv, yeah, we'll hose'em good and rake in the dough..."

A $20k option package to get a V8 in the CTS, and now this brainiac plan... can you tell I'm pissed and VERY VERY dissapointed at GM and Cadillac for screwing this up sooooooo badly? I do honestly try to buy American, I own Chevy and Harley right now for just that reason, but these people at Cadillac really are just pushing me directly toward the imports AND I REALLY DONT WANT AN IMPORT. They seem to purposely be trying to just piss off people they are trying to market too! We simply want a true American sports sedan. That is what they promised, that is NOT what they are delivering... we are getting the same old caddy, the same old thinking, the same old BS marketing lies.

yup...

Time to head to the Infiniti dealer and get that 6spd G35 sedan I guess. :-(

Dont forget to throw in the fact that all the people who bought the first year model are rewarded with a lame duck engine.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate
    Dont forget to throw in the fact that all the people who bought the first year model are rewarded with a lame duck engine.
    Imagine how ticked off early XLR adopters will be when one or two model years later the thing gets a blower and pumps 400+hp.

maybe I'll buy a used '03 or '04 in 3 or 4 years, resale values on CTS 5 speeds with the lame 3.2 will likely plummet... like the Cimarron and Catera! dime a dozen

can you tell I'm still mad?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.