05 cts 3.6 base navigation install on non bose system help
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 05 cts 3.6 base navigation install on non bose system help in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Hi guys I know theirs write ups on this but I'm confused I'm a quick learner, I have a 05 ...
    Jrivera05 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 cts

05 cts 3.6 base navigation install on non bose system help

Hi guys I know theirs write ups on this but I'm confused I'm a quick learner, I have a 05 cts 3.6 base non Bose I want to put a 05 navigation/DVD oem player on it, I have the 2 Vw reverse plugs, my questions are why do I need those? And how to wired them into the car? Do I need plug any off the oe plugs into the navi? Theirs write ups but it doesn't say how to really wired everything please can I get some help please I really want to put this navi for Summer thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Anyone

israeldailli is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrivera05
    Anyone
    nobody responded to my post either :/

unwritten is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS 3.2 5spd manual w/Sport Pkg, 07 Grand Cherokee Diesel

Re: 05 cts 3.6 base navigation install on non bose system help

The VW harness is just to get an extra pin and put it in one of the oem connectors for the vehicle speed signal. All the oem connectors work, just have to add a wire from the cluster for the vehicle speed signal and add the gps antenna.

[QUOTE="unwritten"]The VW harness is just to get an extra pin and put it in one of the oem connectors for the vehicle speed signal. All the oem connectors work, just have to add a wire from the cluster for the vehicle speed signal and add the gps antenna.[/QUOTE
    So boss I'm slow lol so when I order my Vw harness 2 came in, so I only used one, you said any, the other question I have is theirs 3 oe plugs on the car that go to the stock radio which 2 I used? And for the Vw harness the wires on their do I wire them to anything, and do I have to cut and connect any wires? sorry I just really want nav/ DVD on my cts That looks oem

----------

So unwritten, I'm slow lol so when I order my Vw harness 2 came in, so I only used one, you said any, the other question I have is theirs 3 oe plugs on the car that go to the stock radio which 2 I used? And for the Vw harness the wires on their do I wire them to anything, and do I have to cut and connect any wires? sorry I just really want nav/ DVD on my cts That looks oem

Still looking for more info

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.