Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Rough Idle only on startup and noise from brakes? No codes!!

598 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Rhonda1976 
#1 ·
I have a 05 Cadillac CTS Base Model. Within the last few months when first started it idles very rough and shakes for about 6-8 secs then smooth’s out. I thought maybe it was due to the extreme cold weather we've had but even when we've had nicer/warmer days recently it still does it. It is not showing any codes (and my husband has had it hooked up to a Scan II tool already and nothing is showing.

One other problem we have is a weird screeching noise coming from what we thought was the front brakes (brake pads have been replaced also wheel hub/bearing on the passenger side front has been replaced twice in the last year) It doesn't do it often just on occasion and we are clueless as to what it could be, but it is very annoying.

We've only owned this car for about a year and never owned a Cadillac; only Dodge, Chevy (Monte Carlo and Cavalier) Ford and Pontiac, so my husband is at a loss for what to check or do.
We live in a rural area closest Cadillac Dealer is over 2 hours away---never had to worry about this as my husband, father and father-in-law all have worked on cars their entire life--but this car has become our worst nightmare recently.

#3 ·
I'm not 100% positive but I don't think so; I will have to watch a little closer the next time I start it. I've kept a close eye on the the idle when waiting at red lights, drive-thru, etc. It never moves, although it has its days it idles a little fast/rough but the idle/rpm hand never moves or jumps--I had a 04 Grand Prix that we had to replace the idle sensor, I think that is what its called, so since then anytime while stopped in gear and it idles funny I always watch it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.