Cadillac Owners Forum banner

"service air bag" notice?

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Sammy Z 
#1 ·
Hi I'm new to the group and I'm still trying to figure out my car. I bought it used and the voice system seems to be saying command not recognized a lot. It also gives me a service air bag on the screen and the red air bag light on the dash. Other then those two problem we love the car so far. Any helpful hints would be great. I don't have an owners manual yet, have found it online but haven't found what to do in it yet.. Thanks Don..

#4 ·
RustyNCA said:
You might check and see if the car has had the passenger air bag sensor replaced. I noticed when I was looking for our 05 V, alot of them, included the one I bought showed that part had been replaced by GM.
I went to the local dealer and it hasn't had any replaced and they said there were not recalls on mine I also found that the stereo had been replaced when it was two years old. To day I tried the DVD player for the first time and it wouldn't kick the disk back out, but the little voice did stop saying command not recognized. I love the way the car derived but the little things are driving me nuts...

----------

RustyNCA said:
You might check and see if the car has had the passenger air bag sensor replaced. I noticed when I was looking for our 05 V, alot of them, included the one I bought showed that part had been replaced by GM.
I checked and it hasn't but did find that the stereo had been when it was two years old also a program up date. So I tried the DVD player for the first time and the disk would come back out. The voice did stop saying command not recognized to day not sure what that is all about. Love the way the car drives but the little stuff is driving me nuts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.