Cadillac Owners Forum banner

PCV Upgrade Kit 2003 CTS

21K views 46 replies 4 participants last post by  DZarzour 
#1 ·
I am trying to purchase a PCV upgrade kit. No dealership in Houston, TX has it in stock. GMPartsDirect says it can take 7-10 business days before it will ship....any ideas on what I can do or where I can go....

My car hasn't started acting up yet...but my cap is milky...so I want to take care of this before it gets bad....I LOVE MY BABY...don't want to loose her...lol

Part Number 55558592

#8 ·
its not really a valve from what i understand..also there is a service bulletin to replace the origional one with a slightly bigger one to prevent oil leaks from the valve covers.

#9 ·
I am about to order my pcv upgrade and i wanted to get some insites from members who have done this. I already have the pdf file on this and I have ordered parts:

1. 55558592 - PCV Hose kit
2. 12589430 - Oil Filler Cap

Is this everything i will need as i do notice other part numbers within the TSB which arent listed on the need parts list (do they come in the PCV kit?). Furthermore are there any helpful tips for this TSB?

#10 ·
Max, take extra-extra-extra care not to place any downward pressure on the small diameter TB coolant hose that comes off the radiator. The small plastic radiator nipple is very brittle and will snap off, if and when, a minimal amount of downward pressure is applied.

I learned this the hard way.

Should you accidently snap it, don't panic. You won't need to replace the radiator. Just PM me and I'll guide you through a quick and inexpensive fix.

Other than that, GOOD LUCK with your PCV upgrade.

- Jimmy

#12 ·
did you buy the parts at the dealership?
they should know exactly what parts you need based off of just telling them the service bulletin you want to do.

#20 ·
lol i feel u on the holiday hostility part and as for the lil nipple CTESSENCE is right that lil thing breaks real easily we actually had that problem today on a 3.2 the head cap on the driver side was cracked so we replaced it and when taking off the intake manifold and the hoses i "accidently" pushed down the nipple and broke lol took me a while to fix it b 4 ne one say lol

#26 ·
dont really know what all this talk about a braking nipple is about but im doing the pcv upgrade right now and valve covers just the gaskets ive already cut 1.5" off the fresh air outboard hoses using a sharp razor blade knife and enlarged the two 1mm on the primary vent hose adapter, to 4mm using a 1/8th drill bit much easier then i thought it be....waiting on my parts to come in today or tomorrow will post some pics cause i see a number of ppl plan on doing this soon nvr made a DIY before so ill leave that to maxfloss
this is the pdf i used if u dont already have one
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/tsb/data/05-06-01-007.pdf

#30 ·
Yeah, i'm not sure where a nipple from the radiator comes into play with this. i ordered the parts and received the yesterday. i am not sure how it all goes together just yet. i am going to give it a shot tomorrow if the weather holds up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.