License Plate Surround Panel
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, License Plate Surround Panel in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Has anyone found a filler panel for the decklid license plate surround? Vogue has one but too expensive and I ...
    hapyctser is offline Cadillac Owners Member

License Plate Surround Panel

Has anyone found a filler panel for the decklid license plate surround? Vogue has one but too expensive and I don't like the horizonal louvers over the back-ups. Some manufacturer must be out there. Looks great on the "V". I had read it was going to be standard on all 04's but hasn't happened yet.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: License Plate Surround Panel

Never mind. Found a local shop that carrys the E&G Classics aftermarket mods.
    They had the panel in stock. Had it installed today. Looks awesome (especially with my 3" dual exhaust chrome extensions). I also put a "Cadillac" script an the left side of the deck lid. Had the grille painted body color as well ("Blue Chip").
    I have a CTS emblem on each front fender lined up with the body side molding.

BUILDINGCTSAMG is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

post a pick i may follow suit

Ok so i found it
    http://www.egclassic.com/cts_bezel.htm

a few questions...is it a replacement or is it a stick on also how much did it cost you???
    I am also going to do that cts emblem on the fronts as someone suggested on cadillacowners.com

BLT
    BLT is offline Cadillac Owners Member

HAPYCTSER, I have a couple of questions about your rear filler panel. If you would, please e-mail me.
    Thanks-----BLT

The panel is a stick on (as they all seem to be). Has the appearance of being perfectly flush though. Painted and installed it was $350.00 form a local custom shop (the Dealer was more). The problem they encountered was reinstalling my 1/2" wide chrome license plate frame with the plexiglass plate cover. Because the recessed license plate area of the panel is an overlay, the license mounting holes don't line up. New holes and mounting attachment had to be made into the panel. They checked with me first before they did it. Turned out great. The total effect even looks better than in pictures. I would post pictures of my mods if one of you "geeks" would send me an E-Mail on how to do it.

BLT

On your initial post, you didn't care for the louvers over the back ups, does this one have the louvers. The E & G product is the only one I have seen. Did you use Florisun or find another trimmer in Ft Myers? I am developing some other products for the CTS and just wondered if you found another shop fairly strong in Cadillac restyling.

Yeah. This one has the louvers. But you know what? After I saw them on the car
    I liked them. As I said above, the real thing looks better than pictures. And yes, I went to Florisun. They have a proven track record around here and they did a great job on the paint match. I was impressed with their facilities.They are heavy into E&G they are already ordering in the "V" type mesh grille.

HotRodSaint is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Quote Originally Posted by hapyctser
    And yes, I went to Florisun. They have a proven track record around here and they did a great job on the paint match. I was impressed with their facilities.They are heavy into E&G they are already ordering in the "V" type mesh grille.
    Albert and Biaggio are great guys. I've known them for many years.

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

Does anyone have experience & pictures of installing the E&G mesh grille? My wife now agrees that the stock grille has got to go.

I enstalled my e&g three d grill and it should be the same thing, its really pretty simple....

BLT

We are having a stock grill finished in carbon fiber and will probably do a rear filler panel as well. Will post pictures on completion.

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers

That grill sounds interesting BLT. Im looking forward to seeing the finished product

Yeah blt make sure to gimme some info also....btw if you want to sponsor me that would be nice also....take a look at my cts via the link at the bottom here

BLT

A couple of hours ago I signed up to be a supporting vender and I am not sure what I am permitted to do just yet so someone tell me if this is not allowed.

We are prepping a OEM CTS grill to be coated with a carbon fiber finish. This first effort will be a basic carbon fiber look and later we plan on using OEM color as a base before the CF is applied. If it goes as well as I expect, it will be a super look.

I have a couple of other CTS products in the works but I think They should be in another location. As soon as I am sure of your procedures, I'll let you know.

Thanks for your interest.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.