Cadillac Owners Forum banner

The Great Air Intake Challenge

93K views 283 replies 52 participants last post by  Stuff_buster 
#1 ·
OK, I'm willing to do the dyno runs at FAST Specialties. They've agreed to discount me some dyno time on a slow day. I'll put my stock air intake back in to baseline. I'll do multiple runs for each modification and post the dyno sheets. That way the tests will all be on the same car, on the same dyno, on the same day, on the same fuel. I'm not, however going to cut up my stock airbox or buy a K&N kit. So if you True Believers out there want a real comparative test someone needs to send me the parts. I'll pay the freight on any part back to the owner.
Any takers? Time to put up or......

#52 ·
HaveBlue said:
Awesome, thanks for the offer Jeff. I'm flexable on the dyno date. I can book it when ever I get all the parts to make it worthwhile.
HaveBlue, I just got around to taking my intake off yesterday and getting it packed up and shipped out to you...my travel schedule has been crazy this past week and yesterday was the first real chance I had to do any kind of work on the car; so I must apologize for that.

#53 ·
jteolis said:
Also need to buy a Dremel! Now I have an excuse! :drinker
Unless your set on getting yourself a Dremel, which is nice to have, a 3" circular hole saw works much better and matches the 3" internal tube and the OEM 3" hole. Since they are round it makes better sense for air flow. When you drill your 36 holes it makes a bit of a mess. I used my Dremel to clean the holes up a bit. Do you have a compressor? Blowing out the debris out of the airbox will be needed plus two budweisers. Actually it's a fun DIY project.:D

#54 ·
RobertCTS said:
Unless your set on getting yourself a Dremel, which is nice to have, a 3" circular hole saw works much better and matches the 3" internal tube and the OEM 3" hole. Since they are round it makes better sense for air flow. When you drill your 36 holes it makes a bit of a mess. I used my Dremel to clean the holes up a bit. Do you have a compressor? Blowing out the debris out of the airbox will be needed plus two budweisers. Actually it's a fun DIY project.:D
NEXT weekend! Then when done I will forward to Haveblue

#59 ·
Krank said:
HaveBlue, I just got around to taking my intake off yesterday and getting it packed up and shipped out to you...my travel schedule has been crazy this past week and yesterday was the first real chance I had to do any kind of work on the car; so I must apologize for that.
Krank, no sweat. As you can tell by my delayed response, I've been traveling for business too.

#60 ·
Ryno9123 said:
Send me the money and your intakes and your exhausts I will take care of them........Maybe its a scam.......:lildevil: Unless you know this guy?
Nope no scam. Just waiting to get all the parts. I spoke with the dyno shop yesterday and they are hot to participate. As soon as I have all the kits the runs will happen ASAP.

#62 ·
HaveBlue said:
I just got back into town tonight and Krank's K&N kit is here. We now have 3 of the 4 testies for the dyno challenge. Still awaitng a TonyA box.
Actually I was furnishing the TonyA box, but I am leaving town for a week. I will be back the week of the 20th. Can you wait till then? I can Fedex the box so you'll have it by the end of the week, say around the 26th? Will that do? I may just buy a stock airfilter as I will need to cobjob the airhog mod as well. If I can do both I will.

I actually in the air port waiting for my flight to JFK, but I will be checking this site.

ROBERTCTS - BOB, what is the airhog part number and where did you order it? I can order it online and have it when I get home?? PM me or post the infor here please???????

#64 ·
jteolis said:
Actually I was furnishing the TonyA box, but I am leaving town for a week. I will be back the week of the 20th. Can you wait till then? I can Fedex the box so you'll have it by the end of the week, say around the 26th? Will that do? I may just buy a stock airfilter as I will need to cobjob the airhog mod as well. If I can do both I will.

I actually in the air port waiting for my flight to JFK, but I will be checking this site.

ROBERTCTS - BOB, what is the airhog part number and where did you order it? I can order it online and have it when I get home?? PM me or post the infor here please???????
I ordered mine from www.advanceautoparts.com

#65 ·
jteolis said:

No problem, send it when you can. I'll be in No. Cal working that weekend anyway.

#67 ·
HaveBlue said:
I just got back into town tonight and Krank's K&N kit is here. We now have 3 of the 4 testies for the dyno challenge. Still awaitng a TonyA box.
Excellent. Haha, sorry if the packing job was a little under par, I couldn't figure out how to wrap it back up the way it was when I got it so I just made sure everything was in there and wrapped soft stuff around it :)

But I'm excited to see the results. Does anyone else notice we're practically pioneering a path for the many future CTS owners to come? It's quite exciting.

#71 ·
HaveBlue said:
Still waiting for the TonyA modified airbox.
JT has your TonyA as posted earlier. It said you were to contact him when you wanted it.

jteolis
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveBlue
No problem, send it when you can. I'll be in No. Cal working that weekend anyway.

Just let me know where to send the intake. I will send it that week.

#72 ·
RobertCTS said:
JT has your TonyA as posted earlier. It said you were to contact him when you wanted it.

jteolis
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveBlue

Just let me know where to send the intake. I will send it that week.
SECOND PM sent with address.

#73 ·
I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but if the TonyA hasn't arrived yet, is there any possibility that we could find a way around this, or have another member willing to make one, send it to you? I'm just getting kind of antsy not being able to have my intake for a month. But anything is cool, just let me know.

#76 ·
RobertCTS said:
I sent a PM to JT about his TonyA but no reply. Ody is to do some runs with all intakes on the 3.2 but don't know when.
That's odd cause he's definitely checked into the forums lately. Is anyone else willing to step up and make one?
HaveBlue on the other hand, hasn't been online in a couple weeks+. I'm working on a high-schooler, part-time job budget, so in order to get that Volant I plan on getting, I need to sell that K&N kit that I sent in for the test; so I'm kind of stuck in a jam. I'm sure you understand my concern that it's been somewhere for more than a month and that I haven't been able to get in contact with either of them. Does anybody know any way I can get in contact with him or find his phone #?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.