The Great Air Intake Challenge - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, The Great Air Intake Challenge in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; The first place I went (Auto Zone) had FRAM filters but not AirHogs. Went over to Pep Boys and found ...
    DDS rollin a CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre

Re: The Great Air Intake Challenge

The first place I went (Auto Zone) had FRAM filters but not AirHogs. Went over to Pep Boys and found one, no problem.

IHIeiniken is offline Cadillac Owners Member

cool beans! we get results soon!! =)

RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside

Quote Originally Posted by IHIeiniken
    cool beans! we get results soon!! =)
    As soon as Ody can find the time to drive 90 miles and spend the better part of a day running dyno tests and changing to another filter and running another and another test. I hope Ody takes his son along to help.

HaveBlue is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Ryno9123
    Sucks to be scammed fellas. You aint gettin no dyno hes takin your money and parts just as i predicted in my quote on page 2 or 3 a month or so ago..
    LOL, Sucks to go through life so negative!
    I've taken no one's money, and what I've been waiting for is someone in the TonyA camp to come through with a system so that it would be a complete test. Without a TonyA as part of the test I didn't feel it would be a complete challenge.
    It doesn't appear that this is going to happen now. I'm in WA DC and will be back on Tuesday. I'll call the dyno shop and set up the runs for late next week.

ps get a spell checker, you will appear more literate

Just got done doing the TonyA mod on my car. Left the stock air filter in place however because it got dark out. I'll let you guys know how it feels tomorrow.

odysseus is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS

HaveBlue, I agree that if one is going to spend time at the dyno, doing all the tests at once is best. Too bad you don't have a TonyA modified intake. I only have a TonyA modified intake for the 3.2, and a Volant. I plan on installing the stock filter, and closing off the extra hole, to simulate a stock airbox. I want to do all three back to back, when I can find half a day free to drive to Richmond. I may also do another run with the Volant and stock wheels and tires to see if the extra 9 lbs of the 18's makes a difference.

Where are you in DC? I'm in Dulles (3 miles from the airport) every Mon-Wed. It would be cool if we could do lunch before you fly back. With twinner Blue Onyx CTS's both lowered with Eibachs, and both destined for chassis dyno runs for intake comparisons, you might like seeing mine.

Ody,
    I'm currently in Chantilly.
    PM Sent
    Scott

HaveBlue,

I just went through the CTS parts list and it looks like the actual airboxes are the same for the 3.2L and the 3.6L. From the MAF on, they are different part numbers. I'll bring my TonyA airbox. You're more than welcome to use it in your dyno runs. When your done, mail it back, and I'll dyno the same airbox on my 3.2L. If you don't have room for it, I'll get your address tomorrow, and mail it.

I'll call during my 4 hour drive up to Dulles, and we can figure out where and when to grab a bite and talk shop. I usually get up there around 11:30am or noon.

Ody

Hi All,
    Looks like we're back on track. I had the great pleasure of meeting and having lunch with Ody yesterday. Great guy, great car! After 2 hours of talking cars he had to got to work. He's sending his TonyA air box out to me asap (too big for my luggage ) and I'll run it for my tests. I'll then send his box and my stock unit back to him. That way he doesn't have to try and plug all the holes. I'm flying home today an will make an appointment for dyno time (probably the first of next week).

RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside

Quote Originally Posted by HaveBlue
    Hi All,
    Looks like we're back on track. I had the great pleasure of meeting and having lunch with Ody yesterday. Great guy, great car! After 2 hours of talking cars he had to got to work. He's sending his TonyA air box out to me asap (too big for my luggage ) and I'll run it for my tests. I'll then send his box and my stock unit back to him. That way he doesn't have to try and plug all the holes. I'm flying home today an will make an appointment for dyno time (probably the first of next week).
    YeHaww!! Finally the train is moving again!!

BishopRuger is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS

Good stuff so the week of Oct 10th it is... Looking forward to the results

After HaveBlue get's his dyno runs in the next few weeks, then the pressure will REALLY be on to get my runs done for the 3.2L. I'll have to force a day off to get to the dyno. The cool thing is that we've arranged to test the exact same airboxes (shipping them both ways across the country) on both cars. That way there's no test error due to who drilled how many holes and where.

BTW, for any naysayers, HaveBlue REALLY knows what he's talking about, when it comes to cars and mods. He's got my total respect. He can't really say much on an open forum, due to his job responsibilities, but he has access to all the big boy manufacturers. He's a valuable asset to the forum. I'm very glad he took the time to meet me for lunch and talk shop.

Horray!!!

I've finished the TonyA on my car and cant wait to see ody's result so I can put some numbers to the difference I've been feeling!!! Plus I'd love it if the "ghetto rig" beats the $$$ intakes.

pjohnesq is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by DDS rollin a CTS
    Horray!!!

I've finished the TonyA on my car and cant wait to see ody's result so I can put some numbers to the difference I've been feeling!!! Plus I'd love it if the "ghetto rig" beats the $$$ intakes.
    Guess we just gotta wait and see...I'm puttin' my money on the Volant....but I ain't mad at ya for going with the TonyA...save your money for dental school!!
    That reminds me, I gotta make an appointment to Dyno my CTS, with Volant, V-Exhaust and Magnaflow.....

IHIeiniken is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Ghetto Riggers VS. The Money Makers

Let the battles begin! haha

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.