Programming 2004 CTS Fob
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By ClassyCaddys
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Programming 2004 CTS Fob in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Hi guys, I recently bought 2004 Cadillac CTS (4 doors) and it didn't have a remote control key (fob, that ...
    se900se is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Exclamation Programming 2004 CTS Fob

Hi guys,

I recently bought 2004 Cadillac CTS (4 doors) and it didn't have a remote control key (fob, that just opens the doors when in few meters away). The guy who sold me the car, gave a fob, he said that it's not from this car, but it's for CTS and I can google it and program myself. I found online that dealerships will charge me around $60 for doing that and wanted to do it myself as the process shouldn't me hard.

I found couple posts where someone said that you have to put the fob in cup holder and turn the key at the drivers side 5 times within 5 seconds and the car should show me something about the fob in the screen - but it didn't really work.

Am I doing something wrong or is it wrong instructions?
    How to do it myself?

Thank you in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ClassyCaddys is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS 3.6 2004

Re: Programming 2004 CTS Fob

FOB needs to be programmed by the dealer with a tech 2

the key however can be programmed yourself but not the fob.
    CTSM and Ikera like this.

se900se is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassyCaddys
    FOB needs to be programmed by the dealer with a tech 2 the key however can be programmed yourself but not the fob.
    Program the key...? I don't really know what that means....
    So there's no way I can do everything myself and those instructions are false..?

Ikera is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS 3.2, 1990 Nissan 240sx Turbocharged

Quote Originally Posted by se900se View Post
    Program the key...? I don't really know what that means....
    So there's no way I can do everything myself and those instructions are false..?

yes, the keys these days are not just pieces of metal, the have a chip transmitter build in that needs to be recognized by the car. So if you cut a new PK3+ key you need to have it programed otherwise you won't be able to start the car with it... instead alarm will be activated. The new cut key can be programed by the car, however the Fob needs to be programed by Tech 2... and I think dealer is the only place that can do it

CTSM is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 07' CTS 3.6L Lux \ V-Sways \StrutBrace\ R1 \ Volant\ Borla

Quote Originally Posted by Ikera View Post

yes, the keys these days are not just pieces of metal, the have a chip transmitter build in that needs to be recognized by the car. So if you cut a new PK3+ key you need to have it programed otherwise you won't be able to start the car with it... instead alarm will be activated. The new cut key can be programed by the car, however the Fob needs to be programed by Tech 2... and I think dealer is the only place that can do it
    Or any other technician that has a Tech2 handy

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.