NAV question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, NAV question in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I'm getteng ready to install the NAV unit into a non-bose 03 CTS. I know there has been alot of ...
    CTSDreams is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

NAV question

I'm getteng ready to install the NAV unit into a non-bose 03 CTS. I know there has been alot of info back and forth on doing this, but I can't find what I am looking for. Can anyone give me a few short answers to these?

1. Is it a plug and play swap except for the speed sense wire and gps module?
    2. Will any of my current features stop working? (I have cell phone and on star)
    3. Tomm had once said that he thought you could get the nav voice to work in a non-bose by setting up a small individual amp and speaker just for the Nav voice. Did anyone ever see if that would work?

I realize without the Bose amp I will end up with the following:

1. No Nav voice
    2. No voice recognition commands
    3. DSP controls in radio will not have any effect
    4. No auto volume control

Did I miss anything else?

I don't need a bunch of tech info at this time, just the short version for now. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.... Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CTS V6 3.6 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: NAV question

you have to get the correct pin that fits into the 8th hole in the harness, and fabricate it to fit in the hole so the speed sensor plugs in. The onstar will work fine, but the phone will not show the numbers on the screen as you say them. This is what I encountered on my install. :-)

Cool Re: NAV question

Quote Originally Posted by CTS V6 3.6
    you have to get the correct pin that fits into the 8th hole in the harness, and fabricate it to fit in the hole so the speed sensor plugs in. The onstar will work fine, but the phone will not show the numbers on the screen as you say them. This is what I encountered on my install. :-)
    So were you happy with the install and was it fairly easy to do?

-1-
    -1- is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I'm in the process of installing the DVD Nav into a '03 CTS with Bose. Get Miscreant's detailed instructions his CTSowners.com site. Excellent detailed instructions on what's required to remove the radio and install the DVD Nav to include running the wire from the instrument cluster and installing the GPS antenna. The radio swap is plug & play minus running the VSS wire. Take your time and follow the instructions. I have the software ordered from Zenrin and the GPS antenna on order from GM-partsdirect. Miscreant completed the more complicated voice recognition update to his non-Bose system. No instruction on his site for this update. Once you install the DVD Nav you can check it out using the accessory ignition position versus starting the car. Starting the car will activate the "TheftLock" and you won't be able to use until you take to a GM dealer for the Tech2 "TheftLock" code clear. I checked the local Chevy dealer, they quoted me $40 versus the Cadillac dealer at $80.50. I read somewhere if you activate the "TheftLock" code you can temporaily clear by pulling the radio fuse with the igintion switch in the "accessory" position. Good luck!

Tks.... I'll keep my fingers crossed...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.