I think a V6 is a good idea for Cadillac - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, I think a V6 is a good idea for Cadillac in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; why not a 4 banger then?...
    Dead Sled is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    why not a 4 banger then?

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
    I don't know if a 4cyl would work with a heavy Cadillac.. But maybe.. All I know is, the Lexus GS300 (v6) is the GS that sells so much. The GS430 sells much less. But, they still have the most sales.. If people want a nice luxury car, they shouldn't be forced to buy the gas guzzler.. Give them the opportunity to buy the same luxurious, great-looking vehicle without the gas expense.. I'm pretty sure everyone does this except for Cadillac... Until now, I guess... We'll see...

I think a 6 popper will burn the same amout of gas because it has to work that much harder to pull the heavy caddy

Devil_concours is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Originally posted by Sal Collaziano
    I don't know if a 4cyl would work with a heavy Cadillac.. But maybe.. All I know is, the Lexus GS300 (v6) is the GS that sells so much. The GS430 sells much less. But, they still have the most sales.. If people want a nice luxury car, they shouldn't be forced to buy the gas guzzler.. Give them the opportunity to buy the same luxurious, great-looking vehicle without the gas expense.. I'm pretty sure everyone does this except for Cadillac... Until now, I guess... We'll see...
    Engine in the gs300 is almost identical to that of a supra. I6 tend to have a good powerband and torque. That's prolly why it does so well with that model

Is are stronger motors than Vs I6 in a caddy prolly wouldn't be that bad

HotRodSaint is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
    Originally posted by Dead Sled
    Is are stronger motors than Vs I6 in a caddy prolly wouldn't be that bad
    Maybe they could consider modifying the new inline 6 from the Trailblazer so it could be used as a Cadillac engine.

An Inline 6 is what BMW still uses because of the smoothness inherent in it's design. And BMW's M3 makes 333hp from a 3.2 inline 6.

A new head design and increase in displacement, and it could be used from the top to the bottom.

Maybe Cadillac needs to turn into Microsoft and send some limos over to BMW in Germany and take some employees out to lunch...

Originally posted by Sal Collaziano
    Maybe Cadillac needs to turn into Microsoft and send some limos over to BMW in Germany and take some employees out to lunch...
    Besides GM hiring Lutz, they also hired an ex-Toyota production guru. So getting a BMW engineer or two, might not be too far out of the picture.

I think a straight six or slant six in a RWD caddy would be great but I'd still go for the 8

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
    So would I, but im saying for the other market. A 4 banger wouldnt be enough for a caddy, unless it was "ricified". It would also take away some dignity from cadillac, going from the 500cid and then 30 years later have a 4 banger. The I6 that the trailblazer uses would be perfect, or even the 3.8 in the GPs.

Originally posted by elwesso
    It would also take away some dignity from cadillac, going from the 500cid and then 30 years later have a 4 banger.
    Most would agree and say that Cadillac lost it's diginity in the early '80's with the 4 banger Cimmaron.

Caddilac "cut thier hair" with that one

Originally posted by HotRodSaint
    Besides GM hiring Lutz, they also hired an ex-Toyota production guru. So getting a BMW engineer or two, might not be too far out of the picture.
    Cool. When did "we" get some Lexus in the picture? That's good to know...
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
    Originally posted by HotRodSaint
    Most would agree and say that Cadillac lost it's diginity in the early '80's with the 4 banger Cimmaron.
    Sure they lost their dignity then, but when they came out with the northstar they are getting it back. They are still going uphill, and one wrong move could put them back in the 80s.

caddydaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD
    Like the 270 HP I-6 in the Trailblazer and Envoy?
    Isn't Cadillac brining back the displacement on demand in the Escalade soon?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.