Anything for 2.8?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Anything for 2.8? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I just wanted to know do you think that they will ever make anything for a 2.8. Yes i know ...
    Franchise2005 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Anything for 2.8?

I just wanted to know do you think that they will ever make anything for a 2.8. Yes i know i should have bought a 3.6 if i wanted performance but itd a long story how i ended up with a 2.8 so if anybody has any info it would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CharlieB is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS Base, 2000 Chevy Corvette, 2006 CTS Lux/Sport

Re: Anything for 2.8?

Man i'm so sorry that you got a 2.8L engine. I'm wondering if atleast the fuel economy is worthwhile....otherwise....just ouch.....

Yeah they really messed up it was a whole thing so i am hoping thewy ocme up with sometihng the economy is a lil better but the engine isnt that pathetic.

Stag is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS

Listen, I think the 2.8 is going to be a good motor. It is down on power compared to the 3.6, but it is the same basic architecture. Therefore I could see the V exhaust working and sounding as good since the motor is just less displacement and I got to believe the volant would work as well too.

I haven't seen the engine bay of the 2.8 but basic performance mods still apply. Getting more cool air in more efficiently and getting exhaust out more efficiently will always give better performance.

sv6
    sv6 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

i think they are using these 2.8 engines in the new saab cars,except the only difference is the saab 2.8 has a turbo on it.

AsAkAs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): None

Quote Originally Posted by sv6
    i think they are using these 2.8 engines in the new saab cars,except the only difference is the saab 2.8 has a turbo on it.
    The new Saabs have alot of upgraded internals on the motor as well, i'm sur eyou could just slap the same turbo setup onto it, but not at as much boost

http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/news/news0010.htm

yeah thats what i was figureing but its a sad move by GM to go fr5om a 3.2 to a 2.8 to cut costs thanks for the responmces guys if anyone else has anything it would be appreciated.

TCSisOFF is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

There may be more to why they left the 3.2 for the 2.8...
    I'll explain as soon as my 3.2 is dynoed July 15th. They're booked till then, but I'm first in line if any cancellations come up. tick tock tick tock huh??

AsAkAs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): None

Quote Originally Posted by Franchise2005
    yeah thats what i was figureing but its a sad move by GM to go fr5om a 3.2 to a 2.8 to cut costs thanks for the responmces guys if anyone else has anything it would be appreciated.
    It's not really a cost cutting measure, the new 2.8L is lighter aluminum construction compared to the old 3.2L, it's smoother and has a better power band thanks to variable valve timing, runs on regular unleaded as opposed to premium, as well as probably being more reliable (the 3.2L is based off the old 3.0L catera engine which had a ridiculous number of oil leak problems among other things)

So it's not just cost cutting, it's a step forward, despite smaller hp numbers. I'd take the 2.8L over the 3.2 but then again I took the 3.6L over the 2.8L

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.