New Member Introduction
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, New Member Introduction in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I just wanted to say hello, and introduce myself to the club. I have been lurking around here for a ...
    NoleCTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member

New Member Introduction

I just wanted to say hello, and introduce myself to the club. I have been lurking around here for a while while deciding on what car to buy. I had my heart set on an Acura TL for a long time, but they wanted $4000 down to lease @ $400/month. Let's just say I got a 2.8L CTS with Auto/Moonroof/XM for much less, even though the CTS MSRP was higher.

So far, I love the CTS. Wish it had a bit more power, (I know, I should have gotten the 3.6L), but the looks/stlying are far above the competition.

Shortly, I plan to switch out the 16'' wheels, grill, and subwoofer, which will be .

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ktills45 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: New Member Introduction

Quote Originally Posted by NoleCTS
    I just wanted to say hello, and introduce myself to the club. I have been lurking around here for a while while deciding on what car to buy. I had my heart set on an Acura TL for a long time, but they wanted $4000 down to lease @ $400/month. Let's just say I got a 2.8L CTS with Auto/Moonroof/XM for much less, even though the CTS MSRP was higher.

So far, I love the CTS. Wish it had a bit more power, (I know, I should have gotten the 3.6L), but the looks/stlying are far above the competition.

Shortly, I plan to switch out the 16'' wheels, grill, and subwoofer, which will be .

Good luck with your car!

RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside

to the Forum

The 3.6 woulda been a better choice but hey, if you're happy You will find lots of ways to improve your ride hanging around this Forum!

Stag is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS

The 2.8L still is a nice motor...good luck with the car. You know, a CTS-V exhaust and a volant would probably help step up your performance.

BozzMan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

welcome NoleCTS - from a guy with the 3.2. just so you know, there are 3.6 snobs here who think if you don't have a 3.6 then you might as well drive a 78 Chevette.

turboeds2k is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Im glad someone else said it cause its true. Whats with some of you people thinking your the S*** cause you have the 3.6? Ill race any 3.6 with my 3.2, how much money is up to you. We all suck anyway cause we dont drive V's

I don't care if people look down on the 2.8L. If I wanted straight HP I would have went with the Acura. However, for the price, the 2.8L is where I wanted to be. I don't really NEED the extra horses, and I can use the $$$$ for other things right now. Besides, I love the car, and no one can convince me otherwise, and I can look at the 2.8 as the underdog.

I don't care if people look down on the 2.8L. If I wanted straight HP I would have went with the Acura. However, for the price, the 2.8L is where I wanted to be. I don't really NEED the extra horses, and I can use the $$$$ for other things right now. Besides, I love the car, and no one can convince me otherwise, and I can look at the 2.8 as the underdog.
    Nicely Said!

spaceman78 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Wink Re: New Member Introduction

I Can Run Faster Then THE 2.8 Cadillac should Make One Engine 3.6 I Have The 3.6 Nice Engine........Cadillac IS Unreal Some Times.....

AznPrydeRegalRyde is offline BAD EMAIL ADDRESS
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS 3.6L, 2006 350Z, Ducati 996s

Quote Originally Posted by turboeds2k
    Im glad someone else said it cause its true. Whats with some of you people thinking your the S*** cause you have the 3.6? Ill race any 3.6 with my 3.2, how much money is up to you. We all suck anyway cause we dont drive V's
    Don't tell me your another who thinks the 3.2 is as fast...

Either way, you're right...none of us are driving V's...

I am actually glad to see the passion members have for THEIR particular engine, whether its the 2.8, 3.2, or 3.6. It shows the pride we all have for the CTS. And its not like we are driving Cobalt's or something, and comparing who has the better ashtray. (Not meant to offend any Cobalt owners here)

AznPrydeRegalRyde is offline BAD EMAIL ADDRESS
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS 3.6L, 2006 350Z, Ducati 996s

Even if ya did insult a Cobalt owner, they in turn can say 'at least I don't have a cavalier..' Heh, heh, the new cobalt is another solid car for the money, like the CTS. Love seeing Gm do this!

And yup, if people here are anything, that's passionate about Caddy's!

ktills45 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Ah, hey.

It's not how fast you get to 100, it's how many times you get there.

The CTS is a drop dead gorgeous car with any engine, and each of them runs great. Enjoy your ride and your time with us.

pjohnesq is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Hey we ALL are driving CTS'. That is the bottom line....Plus, when we are not on this forum and people ask us about our rides, does anyone say I drive a CTS-V, CTS 3.6, or CTS 3.2??? Hell no.....We all say Cadillac and if more info is needed we say CTS.....with that said go 3.6...LOL Just kiddin'

Hey we ALL are driving CTS'. That is the bottom line....Plus, when we are not on this forum and people ask us about our rides, does anyone say I drive a CTS-V, CTS 3.6, or CTS 3.2??? Hell no.....We all say Cadillac and if more info is needed we say CTS.....with that said go 3.6...LOL Just kiddin'
    that's true, this board is prolly the only place that we argue about which engine we have.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.