muffler sound
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, muffler sound in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; What are the different mfr that make bolt-on muffler for the v exhuast?. When i mean bolt-on...does it come with ...
    wratran is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

muffler sound

What are the different mfr that make bolt-on muffler for the v exhuast?. When i mean bolt-on...does it come with hanger and tips at stock location?

Flowmaster, Magna flow, Corsa...etc...

My new v exhaust is still too quiet. I am thinking about getting rid of the factory v resonator...but afrraid it might be just pure loud. The magnaflow from PJ sound good...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside

Re: muffler sound

Quote Originally Posted by wratran
    What are the different mfr that make bolt-on muffler for the v exhuast?. When i mean bolt-on...does it come with hanger and tips at stock location?
    Flowmaster, Magna flow, Corsa...etc...
    My new v exhaust is still too quiet. I am thinking about getting rid of the factory v resonator...but afrraid it might be just pure loud. The magnaflow from PJ sound good...
    Waltran,
    Nothing will "PLug & Play" Your CTS-V mufflers are welded on so you have to CUT them off. I had the muffler guy look at the space taken by the OEM Mufflers. He shook his head saying not enough room.. but we do know Magnaflow makes something. You need to take measurements of the OEM muffler and start Googling to see what else is available.

The Resonator really isn't much of a muffler. It's straight thru design. It's there to mostly reduce exhaust "Drone". Removing it would make it louder but I'm not sure you would like it.

SdMarineGuy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I am going to get a so und clip of my Corsa in my 3.6L CTS.

CTSDreams is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by SdMarineGuy
    I am going to get a so und clip of my Corsa in my 3.6L CTS.
    I have some sould clips (movies with sound) of my car with the Borla. I think the sound clips can be misleading because it depends where you have the mic, if the windows are open, how fast, exterior noise, interior noise, rec levels, etc...

But that being said, they can be kool to listen to!

So how do I post mine if anyone is interested in hearing it???

wratran is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

PJ told me the Magnaflow have to be modify...then you have to add tips..

CTSdream...my exhaust is a v not 3.6 exhaust

I think Corsa and Borla for the v-exhaust will work...I have to check with them and see if i can get just the muffler

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.