CTS-V Sway Bars Poly Bushings
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, CTS-V Sway Bars Poly Bushings in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; FYI, I just visited the V Forum and posted a thread asking about poly bushings for the OEM V Bars. ...
    RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside

CTS-V Sway Bars Poly Bushings

FYI, I just visited the V Forum and posted a thread asking about poly bushings for the OEM V Bars. Also asked if anybody upgraded and wanted to sell their old OEM Bars.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...526#post357526

Anybody else interested?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

odysseus is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS

Re: CTS-V Sway Bars Poly Bushings

Count me in! I had asked about available stock V bars in a previous V thread on the Eibach sways, with no replies.

Quote Originally Posted by odysseus
    Count me in! I had asked about available stock V bars in a previous V thread on the Eibach sways, with no replies.
    Hi Ody,
    I just went back to the V Forum. Man I thought our forum was busy. They had 23 viewing!! My thread had sunk near the bottom. I added a post to get it back to the top. I gotta think somebody is making changes as those V guys are real hotroders!

odysseus is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS

What most of them are waiting for is BIGGER bars that Eibach has. Hotchkiss is supposedly developing some specifically for V's. The philosophy is that the CTS goes from 23 to 28 on the front and 18 to 22 on the rear, which is a very large difference. The V already has 26.6 and 21mm bars, which is only 1.4 and 1mm difference.

For the V production to be only something like 5% of all CTS's, they have almost double the forum activity that we do! Just look at how many are viewing at any given time vs. ours.

[QUOTE=odysseus]What most of them are waiting for is BIGGER bars that Eibach has. Hotchkiss is supposedly developing some specifically for V's. The philosophy is that the CTS goes from 23 to 28 on the front and 18 to 22 on the rear, which is a very large difference. The V already has 26.6 and 21mm bars, which is only 1.4 and 1mm difference.QUOTE]

Some of the poly bushings I've been Googling are in inches. The conversion from Ody's numbers are:
    1.0475" & .8268" Not much of a chance of finding those.

Question: If you bought bushings that were slightly undersized, would it be difficult to drill to the correct size? I have a machine shop next door to my business.

Well I found bushing that are very close. I can drill the poly to size.

But these poly bushing are for a Corvette. The distance center to center on the retainers are 2 1/2". Do you guys know what the distance for the CTS retainers? As you can see in the pic the holes are oval so adjustment is possible. Anybody got access to Cadillac parts bin to measure?

These poly bushings and the CTS-V sway bars will be a delight in hard cornering as it greatly reduces body lean.

http://www.vbandp.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=43

jteolis is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

My car handles so well that sway bars are the last thing on my mind right now, but that's me.

Well I'm not getting the info that I need so I guess I'll call Daryl at www.shox.com for his special $253 Eibach sway bars. After I pay GMPD the S&H the difference is not that much.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.