Need snow tires asap (07 3.6L + sport wheels)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Need snow tires asap (07 3.6L + sport wheels) in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Hi, can anyone recommend where I can get snow tires? Online or in person. The faster the better. I can't ...
    agp
    agp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L, all options except navigation.

Need snow tires asap (07 3.6L + sport wheels)

Hi, can anyone recommend where I can get snow tires? Online or in person. The faster the better. I can't keep teleworking every time it snows. Costco only has summer and all season tires. I am driving a 2007 CTS 3.6L with 18in factory wheels (wheels appearance/sport package).

Also, for those with separate tires for the seasons, do you have separate wheels too? Can I justify spending another $800 on top of tires?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

curtc is offline OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 118k
    Discounttiredirect.com or tirerack.com. I use separate wheels so I don't have to deal with re-mounting tires each fall/spring. That risks damaging not only the wheels but the tires too with the constant removal and reinstallation. Just get some 17" steelies for winter or something.
    Past Cadillac's

2004 CTS 3.6L - 2011-2012
    2001 Seville Touring Sedan - 2006-2011
    1995 Seville Touring Sedan - 2005-2006

Argent1 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS 3.6

Re: Need snow tires asap (07 3.6L + sport wheels)

I got my winter tires & steelies at Costco. I have the 18" 12 spoke wheels for summer, but went with 17" steelies & Michelin Xi2's for winter.
    Working great so far, second season.

mmvvt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Had a Cadillac

If you can wait - Tirerack.com or the Tirerack ebay store
    If you can't wait - Any tire store?
    My winter tire recommendation - Firestone WinterForce (laughs at the sight of snow)
    My installation recommendation - I have 17" steel wheels, but mounting them on current rims is just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by agp View Post
    Also, for those with separate tires for the seasons, do you have separate wheels too? Can I justify spending another $800 on top of tires?
    Just buy the tires for now. You will not regret any amount you spend on winter tires.

CTS414 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6L Volant CAI/Gibson Exhaust/18" Modas

I would go with cheap wheels and spend the extra on tires. If you're going to buy winter tires do it right and buy top notch stuff.

I have Blizzaks tires on sport edition wheels... The wheels look alright, plastidip will be sprucing them up soon.

Good luck, drive safe. Winter has been brutal so far by me and I'm damn glad I have blizzaks and 100 lbs of sand over the rear wheels.

agp

If I am getting cheap wheels and tires, I want to get at least 18 inch wheels. How do I know if something will fit without modification to the current suspension setup?

Tire rack's default "winter" package has 18 inch wheels + Michelin X-Ice Xi3. Does anyone know if these wheels will fit?

curtc is offline OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 118k

Those should be fine I think.
    Past Cadillac's

2004 CTS 3.6L - 2011-2012
    2001 Seville Touring Sedan - 2006-2011
    1995 Seville Touring Sedan - 2005-2006

Matt4949 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS 3.6 Black

Tirerack is pretty good with their website. If it returned those wheels after you put in your vehicle information, they should fit. Just make sure you specify if you have the sport package, which included the larger brakes, unless I'm mistaken. If you are going as large as 18" with your winter wheels, it shouldn't make a difference, though. I have had good results with their customer service as well if you have any more questions.

Also, I put the Michelin X-Ice Xi3's on a pair of steelies on my Subaru this year. I ran all-seasons last year and the difference is night and day. I could drive over a snowy mountain with those tires!
    I learned to never skimp on paying for tires, they make the driving experience a world of difference. I think you'll be pleased with them.

agp

Also thinking about getting an Evoque, or some other good, entry-level SUV. Inputs welcome.

Like I said, I'm pretty much in love with my Subaru. Would recommend anybody looking at AWD or an SUV to check out their lineup. I get about 31mpg average in the Impreza with the AWD too...

Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package

No matter what route you take. Make sure that all four tires has the same "overall diameter". Other wise you'll have Traction Control Engage and/or Stability Control issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt4949 View Post
    Like I said, I'm pretty much in love with my Subaru. Would recommend anybody looking at AWD or an SUV to check out their lineup. I get about 31mpg average in the Impreza with the AWD too...

Looks like you are all ready for tonight's storm huh? Where in CT are you? I am in south eastern CT.

KOT

Thanks, KOT. I'm a bit neurotic, so I made sure they were all the right size for the downsize. I went from 205/50r17 to 205/55r16. The steelies are actually 6.5" wide compared to 7" on the summer rims; so that's a plus too! Can't wait to go for a spin around 8 or 9 tonight before it gets too deep!

Currently living in the valley, but I work in Bristol, so I do a good amount of driving through the western part of the state. Should be moving up towards Hartford in the near future.

AAIIIC is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by agp View Post
    Tire rack's default "winter" package has 18 inch wheels + Michelin X-Ice Xi3. Does anyone know if these wheels will fit?
    If Tire Rack says they will fit, then they will fit.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

agp

I want an Impreza wrx sti. That will be the next car to replace my CTS. Unless the new Evo came in catchback and is not as low, because Evos are gorgeous!

aghgrn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS Sport traded for 2002 Eldorado ECS #1427

I believe the 18" wheel package included larger diameter brakes that will not allow a 17" wheel to mount. It probably also includes the tire pressure monitoring system which requires sensors in the wheels.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.