CTS Problems, or Lack Thereof - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, CTS Problems, or Lack Thereof in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Nothing serious.. used to hear that whine from the rear diff. not any more. Now my greatest concern is the ...
    Smokin' 04 CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS 3.6L 5sp Auto Silver Smoke with Neutral Interior

Re: CTS Problems, or Lack Thereof

Nothing serious.. used to hear that whine from the rear diff. not any more. Now my greatest concern is the alignment which is out of whack for some reason and is eating my two front tires. Great car IMHO... perfect sleeper

Some old guy in his Mustang GT wanted some and he got it 2X ( he lost twice )
    Some high schooler in wanted to race his 5.0 and I took him 3 times to 60

It could be that the CTS is just an awesome car, or it could be that Ford's just suck. I find it weird because I never get anyone really wanting to race me except for these GT guys.

pjohnesq is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

28K (own since 11/03) problem free miles - the recalls are a bit troubling (ECM and airbag), but other than I'm cool..oh yeah...my passenger seat will not stop vibrating...so annoying

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

31K and no major problems.

AznPrydeRegalRyde is offline BAD EMAIL ADDRESS
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS 3.6L, 2006 350Z, Ducati 996s

27K miles on my sister's 3.2L. She's on her 3rd rear end (she has the limited slip too, by the way...I didn't know 03's had that option...), had it in 4 times for major auto tranny vibrations, and multiple problems with the DIC.

I've got 4k miles on my 3.6L. Besides the typical poor interior quality (minor plastic vibrations, creaks and rattles everywhere), I have had no problems yet with mine, and I've got the sport/lux with the limited slip and 6 spd. I did hear a whine for about 1k, but it has since gone away.

AsAkAs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): None

Quote Originally Posted by Jeslokin
    4k miles - many positive reviews, yet my wife still won't drive it! (wrong logo!)
    '

she's probably just afraid she'll like it

wratran is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

i got the same plastic vibrations, creaks and rattles everywhere. mine is at 24k..they could not get it fix. I am taking it back in this week for the 3rd time

nicrdh is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have early 04 with 14k and NO problems at all to report, the only thing I have to do is get the 2 recalls done. This car takes my abuse everyday in NYC traffic, I am quite surprised by my lack of issues so far. I had a nissan max and 2 bmws before this and they all had various problems.....the cts has really impressed me thus far.

strindl is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by wratran
    i got the same plastic vibrations, creaks and rattles everywhere. mine is at 24k..they could not get it fix. I am taking it back in this week for the 3rd time
    Those dash rattles drove me crazy in my 04. After 3 months and two dealers, I did manage to get most of them eliminated, but one in the passenger side of the dash was still there. It seemed to originate inside the dash, above the glove box, so I took matters into my own hands.

There is a small hole where the glove box latch is, that gives you access to the interior of that dash. I took fiberglass insulation, cut it into narrow strips, and just kept packing it up through that hole into the dash until it was packed tight. No more rattle. That was the best 10 bucks I ever spent.

pjohnesq is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by wratran
    I've given up on them fixing the passenger seat vibration...My current fix - have wifey in the car as much as possible....

maxrtt is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

2800 miles, 2 1/2 months. No issue on the car itself, only wind noise on the aftermaket sunroof.

Convair is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Brakes failed twice. Two recalls. Service engine msg 10 times. Towed 4 times.
    But the plastic doesn't squeek

texaspi is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Cool Re: CTS Problems, or Lack Thereof

I've had my new '05 one month. No problems at all. Fit and finish are outstanding.

J.E.T. is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Just turned over 1700 miles........had it about two weeks now. Still tricking it out and had to have the replacement rims and tires re-balanced yesterday. All in all, great car.

JET

Slapshot70 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Not really a problem, just an annoyance -- there is a slight delay between when you hit the steering wheel controll button for scrolling through CDs, and when it actually registers the song number on the radio display. I am constantly overshooting the songs I'm trying to get to. When I hit the button the song number should change instantly -- why the 1 second delay???

megeebee is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Convair
    Brakes failed twice. Two recalls. Service engine msg 10 times. Towed 4 times.
    But the plastic doesn't squeek

OUCH !

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.