Acceleration Issue - 2003 CTS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Acceleration Issue - 2003 CTS in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; So this issue just came out of nowhere. But First, my vehicle is a 2003 Cadillac CTS with the 3.2L ...
    malbrecht60 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Acceleration Issue - 2003 CTS

So this issue just came out of nowhere. But First, my vehicle is a 2003 Cadillac CTS with the 3.2L V6. Ok, so I was driving to work this morning and I had my cruise control set. My motor started to jerk and it felt like I lost power for a moment and it was hesitating pretty bad. Only did it for a few seconds then stopped. Car sat for 8 hours while I worked. On my way home it started doing it again. But this time it was way more frequent. I check the fluids and the coolant and oil where at there optimal levels. No smoke was coming from under the hood or out of the exhaust. There is no major unusual noises coming from the motor either. But I have the issue of the motor jerking when I hit the gas and sometimes at idle. It will jerk for a few seconds then run fine then jerk and so on. Everytime it starts jerking the car has no power. When it stops, it's as if the motor is perfect again. If there is any tips or ideas to check for I would greatly appreciate any advice as this is my daily transportation to work. And if anyone has further questions that would help I will do my best to answer them. Again Thank you for any suggestions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: Acceleration Issue

Your post has nothing to do with dealership service questions or original warranty work. Moved to the proper CTS forum.

Kanzy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Acceleration Issue - 2003 CTS

It all depends where you're living. We're having very coold weather now. How about some water/ice in your gaz line? Before doing anything else, I'd put one or two small bottle of gaz line anti freeze in the thank. It cost next to nothing and it may do the job.

Ikera is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS 3.2, 1990 Nissan 240sx Turbocharged

Re: Acceleration Issue - 2003 CTS

what does your tachometer do during the power surges?
    1. if the RPMs are going up during the loss of power and go down during the jerking than it could be torque converter and/or transmission related.
    2. if the RPMs are dropping during the loss of power and go up with the jerking, than it could something engine related, probably electrical

have you checked for codes? it can be done without any special equipment on 2003 CTS

malbrecht60 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Submariner409
    Your post has nothing to do with dealership service questions or original warranty work. Moved to the proper CTS forum.
    Sorry. I'm new to the site.

----------

And thank you for the two who actually responded to my question. I actually found the problem. I had a leaking gasket on the passenger side coil so all the ports were full of water. Replaced coils and all new plugs. Runs like a champ again.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.