2003 Cts 3.2l Vacuum lines diagram
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 2003 Cts 3.2l Vacuum lines diagram in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Does anyone know if there is a diagram of the vacuum lines for a 3.2L. Im hearing an air leak ...
    garciajoaquin is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Unhappy 2003 Cts 3.2l Vacuum lines diagram

Does anyone know if there is a diagram of the vacuum lines for a 3.2L. Im hearing an air leak that might cause misfire on cyl 2,4,6.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

briggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS 3.6L 2005 80,000 Miles

Re: 2003 Cts 3.2l Vacuum lines diagram

Tried to respond to you but it says you've maxed out yoru quota. see below

Each bank has two if I recall. On either side you will see a ground to the cam cover, one mid cover the other in the rear. They are pretty easy to trace out if you go from where the injector wiring portion of teh harness connect to the main harness. There is a connector on the passenger side above where the ECM is.

Good luck

Thanks Briggy i know i erased my inbox which was 2 messages. ok because i bought the ignition coil installed it last night and its the same. Do you have any pics?

Planktron is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS 5M Luxury/Sport: V rear bumper and V exhaust
    I suggest spraying starting fluid on all your vac lines, when you hear the idle raise, you've found your leak.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    TunixComplex likes this.

I havent had a chance to work on my car but i started taking it apart and the vacuum line snap. Is there a link where i can get these lines. I am talking about the ones that connect to the air box canister.

----------

Its actually called the reservoir air tunning

Ikera is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS 3.2, 1990 Nissan 240sx Turbocharged

I would not bother replacing or fixing those lines, the are useless for the most part, make it more difficult to work on the car and potential vacuum leak waiting to happen.

you can remove the vacuum reservoir box and all vacuum lines around the intake ducting. And just plug in the variable intake actuator from the back of the intake manifold directly into a vacuum source. (from the brake booster T-Fitting which is already there and would need to be plugged anyway)

I've done that when I replaced my timing belt few weeks ago without any problems and no engine check light either

Before

After

But if you really want to fix your broken plastic vacuum line, you can use a piece short piece or silicon or rubber vacuum line (ID: 1/8" or 3mm) and just slide it over the cracked portion of the line.

Thanks @ikera. By any chance do you know if there are any pictures of the ground terminals to the injector circut. I am having misfires in one bank.

I checked the ground wires to the injectors, sparkplug gap, coils, vacuum lines, and have come out to the conclusion my valves might have bent. Somebody tried to help me with the timing acouple months back and ran the car and since then it has not ran well. Taking apart cylinder head and check for valves next.

or better do a compression test before you take everything part
    even if the compression test is weak in one bank it could be that your timing is off and valve might still be okay
    (it's possible for the valve timing to be off while not making contact with the cylinder)
    also a while back I replaced Upstream O2 sensor with a cheaper brand, after that I had strange codes pop up (I think one of them was about injector) and misfire.
    So codes that you may pull up might not always be the actual problem that is causing the codes
    what kind of spark plugs did you use and I'm curious how did you rule out that it is not the coil pack?

mcstlouis is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

My 2003 CTS is doing the same thing, a misfire with a rough idle. I replacedspark plugs with Bosch, replaced fuel filter, tried to clean the throttle body be cause it was full of carbon and might need to just remove it to clean good. I also heard the throttle positioning sensor could be covered in carbon and malfunctioning. I bought passenger side coil pack and am curious if there is a way to check the ignition coil with out replacing them?? An did you ever figure out the pro lem with the misfire

Please update your profile to show correct birthday, car owned and time zone.

@Ikera i used Autozone Ac Delco spark plugs and i bought an OEM Coil pack as well and the misfire codes are still p0300, P0302 p0304,P0306. Checked ground wires as well all are correct.

cabletech is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.2L M35 LtPt

If you permanently remove the vacuum line going to the radiator bypass valve (on a 3.2L motor), your car will not warm up in the winter unless you force the valve closed 100% of the time. Without vacuum / engine running, it's open. That's what was causing my P0128 code for the last 2 years - a bad vacuum solenoid.

I just did a compression test of lowest 190 with highest 210. Tested all cylinders and all sides read about the same. Can a cam sensor be causing misfires on one side only or would it affect both sides ?

Quote Originally Posted by cabletech View Post
    If you permanently remove the vacuum line going to the radiator bypass valve (on a 3.2L motor), your car will not warm up in the winter unless you force the valve closed 100% of the time. Without vacuum / engine running, it's open. That's what was causing my P0128 code for the last 2 years - a bad vacuum solenoid.

I guess that would be possible under certain conditions
    here is a diagram that might help understand as to what the by-pass valve is doing

however the diagram is a little misleading, because there are more water loops in the system that are not shows, also they are not showing the location of the thermostat, but if you know about engines this diagram should make sense.
    I didn't have the code pop up (probably because it doesn't get very cold here in winter) but I'm planning on removing that valve. "By-Passing the By-pass valve"

----------

Quote Originally Posted by garciajoaquin View Post
    I just did a compression test of lowest 190 with highest 210. Tested all cylinders and all sides read about the same. Can a cam sensor be causing misfires on one side only or would it affect both sides ?
    that narrows it down a lot and it's a good thing you didn't start taking the heads off.

AFAIK the cam sensors are interchangeable. Maybe try to swap them from bank to bank, next maybe take a look at the knock sensors and wiring, it could the knock sensor throwing the faulty codes.

Does each cam have a sensor or only one per bank?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.