Please help P0014 Very rough idle, hard to start
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Please help P0014 Very rough idle, hard to start in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Hey guys. I'm having an issue with my 2007 3.6l CTS and was hoping someone here has some insight as ...
    aMOHOd1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS

Please help P0014 Very rough idle, hard to start

Hey guys. I'm having an issue with my 2007 3.6l CTS and was hoping someone here has some insight as my searching has led me nowhere. I took a trip from Massachusetts to Michigan, about 17 hours total. When I arrived all was fine, then I went to eat and as I started the car to leave the check engine light was blinking and the car started to shake badly, especially with a foot on the break. I had the code read and it came back P0014 Cam Sensor bank one exhaust. It also came up with a code for loosing communication with the ecm and something with the tourqe thrust. I switched out the sensor that was reading as bad but that helped none. My next step is the plugs n air filter but if that doesn't do it I'm lost. Could this be a timing chain gone bad? There is just over 90k on the odometer. It runs decent going down the road but idle is very rough. Starting was hard this morning, better now. Thanks for any help you can offer.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Please help P0014 Very rough idle, hard to start

Turned out to be timing chains. Thanks everyone for the incredible input you all provided.

mattt0305 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 6 speed manual tarnished platinum

Man I haven't been on in a few days. Did they stretch? Skip a tooth? Was the oil low? This is the one thing that scares the crap out of me about these engines. Dare I ask what it cost?

Oil was 2 qts low after the trip....crazy because I topped it off before I left...guess that caused the chain to stretch and need replaced. Just glad it happened at the end of my trip...hah

----------

Luckily I'm covered under the extended warranty...not sure what it would have been.

Good for you and the warranty. I've gotten so paranoid about the oil I check it every time I put gas in. You notice hardly anyone checks their oil at gas stations anymore. Guess our cars are special.lol

Yea, oil is more of an afterthought nowadays for those non Cadillac folk. Haha. Hopefully the burning is improved with the repairs. How many miles do you have? My 07 was covered up till 120k.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by aMOHOd1 View Post
    Hey guys. I'm having an issue with my 2007 3.6l CTS and was hoping someone here has some insight as my searching has led me nowhere. I took a trip from Massachusetts to Michigan, about 17 hours total. When I arrived all was fine, then I went to eat and as I started the car to leave the check engine light was blinking and the car started to shake badly, especially with a foot on the break. I had the code read and it came back P0014 Cam Sensor bank one exhaust. It also came up with a code for loosing communication with the ecm and something with the tourqe thrust. I switched out the sensor that was reading as bad but that helped none. My next step is the plugs n air filter but if that doesn't do it I'm lost. Could this be a timing chain gone bad? There is just over 90k on the odometer. It runs decent going down the road but idle is very rough. Starting was hard this morning, better now. Thanks for any help you can offer.
    Hello aMOHod1,

I apologize that you had a concern with your timing chain needing to be replaced. I am glad to hear that your vehicle was covered under the extended warranty for the timing chain. Please feel free to reach out to Laura or myself via private message if you have any further questions or concerns.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

I have about 90k and knock on wood I have to put a quart in between oil changes. The thing that I see on here is the sudden onset of oil usage like on a long trip or just out of the blue people start using oil and these hfv6 are really sensitive to low oil. On a side note the current girlfriend asked what I was doing and had no idea you had to check a cars oil lol.

Haha sounds like my girlfriend. Lost in the sauce. I say go on a long trip n try n get it to act up. If it's covered the same like mine ur golden.

SaulS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Hi everyone, just read this thread because for the first time today my 2004 CTS did not want to start after putting gas in the car on a short trip, which was scary. My CTS has 283,000 miles on it and I just changed the Fuel Pump over the weekend. Probably one of the hardest repairs I've done on my CTS (dropped exhaust, drive shaft, and rear suspension cradle...then got to the tank). I do have error codes pertaining to the Cam Position sensors, which I planned to replace. My issue is that my CTS has started idling rough when I come to a stop, but then if I drive it for a few minutes it goes away. If the timing belt were stretched or bad, I would think it would happen all the time, but that is not the case. I suspect a vacuum leak or some type of electrical issue...just something I plan to trace. Hopefully I have some success, or come to the conclusion the engine has had it and its time to replace it...with 382k miles I think its done its job. If anyone has any comments on a humming sound coming from the rear of the car (sounds like its coming from the fuel tank) only when the car is stopped and idling. When its running its fine, its only when I come to a stop that the humming sound comes back. I just replaced the Fuel Pump and the sound is still there. Any suggestions???

While driving my car felt fine, as I slowed it shook more and more...at idle it felt n sounded like a cam'd-out v8. They said I was showing about 18deg of variance. Good luck!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.