18" wheels
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 18" wheels in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; right now my caddy has 16's on it, i would like to get some strictly summer wheels, looking for something ...
    Kgomoll is offline Cadillac Owners Member

18" wheels

right now my caddy has 16's on it, i would like to get some strictly summer wheels, looking for something like the CTS-V series but I want chrome, anyone have any ideas? the MC2 vauss rims are awsome (drewl), but im not spending that much on my lease.

Please help

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside

Re: 18" wheels

Here's where I found mine. I liked the prices and the size of the selection!!
    http://www.victoriatire.com/w_car_se...&MAKE=CADILLAC&

odysseus is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS

If you buy new, you'll spend close to $2000. 18" wheels will be between $600-$1000 ($150-$250/ea). Even cheap 18" tires will run you around $1000 ($200-$300/ea), which puts one magically in the price range of the Vauss wheels with tires. It only sounds expensive, because it's all in one price.

You should scour EBay for deals. Dealer take-off 17" polished wheels with tires usually go for around the $600 range. If you're patient, good deals do come along.

BozzMan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

i got my 17" polished STS wheels off of ebay for $350 shipped. new tires from the tire rack and mounting and balancing brought the total to $1035. i wish i had gotten the 18's though

WOW! thanks for that awsome site.

But the ones i want will cost more then the vauss ones i like

well 18 vauss then. I'll just keep checking ebay

might just break down and buy then anyway

Yep, The Vauss 18" wheel is cool but I hate the brand X tires that you have to buy with them.

I wish they sold the wheels bare, so one could choose the tires they wanted. I'd have been all over them, if they did. They seem rare to come by in the used market. I saw a set every other month last year on EBay. I haven't seen a set since last year when Mbai2 got his there.

ok screw it, even though I'll only have this lease for 2 years i decieded to go and ordered the 18 vauss CTS package, I really like those rims. Had to think how i could justify spending 1895.00 for wheels and tires, so here i go.
    end of lease going to have to spend 500.00 on new tires anyway cause the good years are really soft. should get atleast 1000 for then on ebay at end of the lease. so in away I save throughing out 500 on new tires for the caddy and I lose 895 for 2 years of enjoyment (summer only though, winter would just suck).

rubenmer1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe Premium (RWD), 1999 Seville STS

Kgomoll,

When you get them on car show us some pics.

Kgomoll,

If you order the same Vauss package for the DeVille instead, you get 45 series tires (same size as the V) rather than the smallish 40 series. They do cost about $200 more though.

Remember you can sell the Vauss wheels at the end of the lease. I kept my OEM factory wheels and tires and plan to do just that we I trade.

J.E.T. is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I replaced my wheels and tires for under $1200. Four 18" grey spoke American Racing wheels and Sumo rain tires. Now I have to get rid of the factory stuff. Gave 'em to a guy on consignment.

JET

Devil_concours is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

hey robert, it says you have a f/r eye lids, what is that?

tomm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport

Quote Originally Posted by Kgomoll
    ok screw it, even though I'll only have this lease for 2 years i decieded to go and ordered the 18 vauss CTS package, I really like those rims. Had to think how i could justify spending 1895.00 for wheels and tires, so here i go.
    end of lease going to have to spend 500.00 on new tires anyway cause the good years are really soft. should get atleast 1000 for then on ebay at end of the lease. so in away I save throughing out 500 on new tires for the caddy and I lose 895 for 2 years of enjoyment (summer only though, winter would just suck).
    Let us know how long it takes before you receive them and if they charge you shipping. I think I am going to order the same set. I have been thinking about getting those for 3 months now.

Quote Originally Posted by J.E.T.
    I replaced my wheels and tires for under $1200. Four 18" grey spoke American Racing wheels and Sumo rain tires. Now I have to get rid of the factory stuff. Gave 'em to a guy on consignment.
    JET
    You should think about keeping the OEM wheels and put them back on when you sell or trade. That's what I've done. You could also put snow tires on them and store the nice ones from the savage winter.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.