18" wheels - Page 2
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 23 of 23
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 18" wheels in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Originally Posted by Devil_concours hey robert, it says you have a f/r eye lids, what is that? Eyelids are an ...
  1. #16
    RobertCTS's Avatar
    RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    22,418

    Re: 18" wheels

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil_concours
    hey robert, it says you have a f/r eye lids, what is that?
    Eyelids are an idea I got from Tim Allen's TAD CTS. He uses paint but I used vinyl like used on car graphics. At the top od the headlights and the tail lights you will see a curved body line that gets interuppted. I filled that area with the black vinyl. It looks like what the factory forgot. It's been on for over a year and has held up very well. You are limited by colors. I purchased the material from www.edecals.com.
    These are file photos and don't show them well. If you think you're interested I'll get you some better pics.

  2. #17
    tomm's Avatar
    tomm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    64
    Posts
    2,316

    Re: 18" wheels

    Quote Originally Posted by Kgomoll
    ok screw it, even though I'll only have this lease for 2 years i decieded to go and ordered the 18 vauss CTS package, I really like those rims. Had to think how i could justify spending 1895.00 for wheels and tires, so here i go.
    end of lease going to have to spend 500.00 on new tires anyway cause the good years are really soft. should get atleast 1000 for then on ebay at end of the lease. so in away I save throughing out 500 on new tires for the caddy and I lose 895 for 2 years of enjoyment (summer only though, winter would just suck).
    Ok, I am getting ready to upgrade to 18" Rims and I have been tossed between the Chome Vauss or the new STS 9 Spoke Polished Rims. I was leaning more towards the Vauss but when I checked GMPartsDirect today and added them into my cart it came up as Discontinued:

    "This part has been discontinued from GM"

    Why would they discontinue this Rim? Kgomoll did your order get accepted? I guess it looks like I may go with the STS Wheels since I want to try to stick with a factory rim.

  3. #18
    AznPrydeRegalRyde is offline BAD EMAIL ADDRESS
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS 3.6L, 2006 350Z, Ducati 996s
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,449

    Re: 18" wheels

    Quote Originally Posted by RobertCTS
    Eyelids are an idea I got from Tim Allen's TAD CTS. He uses paint but I used vinyl like used on car graphics. At the top od the headlights and the tail lights you will see a curved body line that gets interuppted. I filled that area with the black vinyl. It looks like what the factory forgot. It's been on for over a year and has held up very well. You are limited by colors. I purchased the material from www.edecals.com.
    These are file photos and don't show them well. If you think you're interested I'll get you some better pics.
    If they don't have a color to match your car, a body shop should be able to paint the eyelids on, though it'll probably cost twice as much.

  4. #19
    AznPrydeRegalRyde is offline BAD EMAIL ADDRESS
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS 3.6L, 2006 350Z, Ducati 996s
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,449

    Re: 18" wheels

    Quote Originally Posted by tomm
    Ok, I am getting ready to upgrade to 18" Rims and I have been tossed between the Chome Vauss or the new STS 9 Spoke Polished Rims. I was leaning more towards the Vauss but when I checked GMPartsDirect today and added them into my cart it came up as Discontinued:

    "This part has been discontinued from GM"

    Why would they discontinue this Rim? Kgomoll did your order get accepted? I guess it looks like I may go with the STS Wheels since I want to try to stick with a factory rim.
    I think both 18's would look stellar, but Id lean to the Vauss as well. My favorite stock Caddy rim came on older Sevilles and 03' sport CTS's. The 7? spoke 17's that are slightly curved, polished aluminum...I wish those came in 18's or 19's, I wouldn't have to think twice about getting those!

  5. #20
    tomm's Avatar
    tomm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    64
    Posts
    2,316

    Re: 18" wheels

    Quote Originally Posted by AznPrydeRegalRyde
    I think both 18's would look stellar, but Id lean to the Vauss as well. My favorite stock Caddy rim came on older Sevilles and 03' sport CTS's. The 7? spoke 17's that are slightly curved, polished aluminum...I wish those came in 18's or 19's, I wouldn't have to think twice about getting those!
    I bought the 7 Spoke Polished Rims and I sold them because I felt the CTS needed a larger rim so I want to go with 18's. 20's look nice but I want to keep as much rubber as possible to keep the nice ride. Looks like the Vauss might no longer be available so my choices are getting limited.

  6. #21
    RobertCTS's Avatar
    RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    22,418

    Re: 18" wheels

    Quote Originally Posted by AznPrydeRegalRyde
    If they don't have a color to match your car, a body shop should be able to paint the eyelids on, though it'll probably cost twice as much.
    Here's a better pic of the TAD head lights. www.edeacals.com has a lot of colors but a match might be tough. White & Black are easy.

  7. #22
    -1-'s Avatar
    -1-
    -1- is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Chester, VA
    Posts
    466

    Re: 18" wheels

    You can't go wrong with upgrading to larger, nicer wheels. You get a return on your investment every time you look at your car and drive it. However, some of these wheels require alot of work to keep clean. I would prefer an 18" to 19" wheel, simple design, and easy to clean.

  8. #23
    RobertCTS's Avatar
    RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    22,418

    Re: 18" wheels

    Quote Originally Posted by -1-
    You can't go wrong with upgrading to larger, nicer wheels. You get a return on your investment every time you look at your car and drive it. However, some of these wheels require alot of work to keep clean. I would prefer an 18" to 19" wheel, simple design, and easy to clean.
    Before I went with my current black rims, I had chromies with lots of spokes. They were a nighmare to keep clean.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting