ChickenLips here from North Tx.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, ChickenLips here from North Tx. in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Just cruised on over here needing some info on a 2003 CTS. I have a person wanting to trade a ...
    ChickenLips is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None YET

ChickenLips here from North Tx.

Just cruised on over here needing some info on a 2003 CTS.

I have a person wanting to trade a 2003 CTS for my 2005 Yamaha Roadstar Midnight that I have done a fair amount of work to. I am new to Cadillacs, have always liked the 03+ CTS platform.

Info on the CTS
    Dont know what specific package i.e "sport" or anything else
    122k miles
    Supposed power steering pump needs replacing? Is this common? Could it be the R&P instead? Is there any parking lot diagnosis available? I am very mechanically inclined, just not familiar with Cadillacs. That is why I am here.
    I am guessing the 03 models have the 3.2 from the Catera?
    The seller told me it is an 04 but the car is the Sunburst Copper color that was, from what I gather only available in 03 as a launch color?
    Creme leather int.

The color is somewhat holding me back. If the car were any other color it would almost be a done deal.

I know trading is just percieved value and my own opinion but I want to know of any common pitfalls or things to look for outside of regular maintenance.

Seems like I cant find any Orange cars that have been lowered or customized. Are they the "red-headed" step child that is forced to stay in the closet and fed through a hole in the door?

Any info will be greatly appreciated and I can link the CL ad if needed. Although it is very non descript and the pics suck.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Re: ChickenLips here from North Tx.

Well, welcome to the Forums, Chickenlips! There is lots of feed for the pecking here on the CTS forum. I am sure some of the other dudes will be spreadin' some for you in no time.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

OP, Your account is activated as per your post in Help Desk. This thread will be moved to the proper year group CTS for specific info; The Lounge is for non-car-specific chitchat.

Welcome Aboard !!!!

DopeEffect is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 3.6L CTS, Hotchkis Sway Bars, FE2

Rack and pinion is covered by a recall and it being an 03 was probably already taken care of. Regarding the power steering. I know of a few people on the forum that have replaced theirs due to excessive whining (not a pulley issue but the actual pump). No failures as far as I know.

You can find out what package the cts has by looking at the SPID/RPO codes underneath the spare tire cover in the trunk.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.