100,00 mile mark
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 100,00 mile mark in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Im coming up on 100K miles.. I have an extended warranty is the 100K maintenance covered? What should I expect ...
    Caddy Dad is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 97 Deville/ 05 CTS/06 CTS

100,00 mile mark

Im coming up on 100K miles.. I have an extended warranty is the 100K maintenance covered? What should I expect to pay if it's not? What exactly am I in store for?
    I'm afraid I'll take my smooth running, white diamond princess to the dealer and get a raped pos back! I just bought it with 86K on it in May this year. No problems, no codes, no knocking, bumping, thumping or foreign noises of any kind.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac mat is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS

Re: 100,00 mile mark

I don't know what warranty you have, but typically extended warranties, or even original factory warranties do not cover scheduled maintenance, or wear components. What needs done should also be listed in your manual. You can compare this to what the dealer recommends or ask an independent shop.

curtc is online now OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 126k

100k maintenance will definitely NOT be covered by an extended warranty, or any warranty for that matter. Warranties are for break/fix not maintenance items.
    Past Cadillac's

2004 CTS 3.6L - 2011-2012
    2001 Seville Touring Sedan - 2006-2011
    1995 Seville Touring Sedan - 2005-2006

DopeEffect is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 3.6L CTS, Hotchkis Sway Bars, FE2

Word of advice. Have your engine mounts and trans mount checked. If they are worn, replace them as it will save you trouble with your drive shaft later down the road.

CTSM is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 07' CTS 3.6L Lux \ V-Sways \StrutBrace\ R1 \ Volant\ Borla

IMHO it's time for the following:

* Engine coolant flush
    * I highly recommend a radiator replacement as well if you have not replaced it or have not done anything to protect from tans line connection or coolant trans fluid mixing failures.
    * Transmission fluid and filter change (NO FLUSH!).
    * Differential fluid change
    * Change all spark plugs (requires intake manifold removal for proper service)
    * Power steering fluid and filter change
    * Water pump, water pump gasket change
    * Serpentine belts replacement both of them (it's a good time to check your pulley's as well make sure none of them needs replacement before you put the belts back on)
    * Change cabin air filter if you haven't already
    * Now is a good time to examine your suspension bushings, springs and struts / shocks make sure nothing is damaged, deteriorated, leaking oil, missing coils, making squeaks creaks....etc fix and replace as needed.
    * Examine all interior and exterior insulating strips weather strips for deterioration service as needed.

That's all I can remember from what I did but it is most of what is a good idea to check / fix at that mileage.
    Doing all of this at a dealership or a shop will cost $$$ as you can imagine lots of it, it's best to see if you can do most yourself then leave the big stuff for the dealer / hop

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.