Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2005 CTS Misfire #4 cylinder

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  ktr-sb 
#1 ·
I have been troubleshooting my CTS 3.6 to determine why #4 cylinder is misfiring. The computer sets two codes one that identifies random multi misfire and the other open fuel injector circuit #4. I swapped the #4 coil and injector with #1 and cleared the codes. After running the engine the computer set the identical two codes. I have replaced the plugs and changed the oil and filter. I cleaned and inspected connectors, tested wire from #4 injector to CPU wire tested good! Does anyone have any suggestions what I should test next?

#2 ·
Bad #4 injector? Did you actually pull the fuel injector from the fuel rail and swap with another, or are you just talking about the spark plug coil? Injectors are basically a solenoid, if the coil in the injector opens (a break in the wire of the coil) it fails to complete the circuit. that might be what the computer is telling you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.