Where is this leak coming from??
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Where is this leak coming from?? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Ok so It's raining out and I noticed this spot inside the rear area behind the driver's side on the ...
    Tony G is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS

Where is this leak coming from??

Ok so It's raining out and I noticed this spot inside the rear area behind the driver's side on the rear panel. It's wetto the touch as if I have a leak somewhere! I have no idea as I have visually inspected the back glass and surrounding areas trying to figure out just what the heck is going on with my 2007 CTS? Any help in here?
    Going crazy in Maryland!
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hrpatel17926 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS, 2007 ESV
    If I am not mistaken it might be the sun roof drain. I periodically blow mine out with air there are 2 holes one each side of the frame structure. Check and see there are no obstructions there. If not that then not sure what that could be.

Problem with that analysis is that I have no sun roof!! I'm so frustrated with this car and to think it's the exact car that I wanted!

holsgo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 cts

Re: Where is this leak coming from??

I'm betting window seal or door seal. I'm going to walk around mine and see what makes sense. If there is no sunroof then the water is either coming in via the trunk seal or door seal. I don't see any other panel breaks.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony G View Post
    Ok so It's raining out and I noticed this spot inside the rear area behind the driver's side on the rear panel. It's wetto the touch as if I have a leak somewhere! I have no idea as I have visually inspected the back glass and surrounding areas trying to figure out just what the heck is going on with my 2007 CTS? Any help in here?
    Going crazy in Maryland!
    Hello Tony G,

I apologize that your CTS is experiencing this leak inside your vehicle. I do see that you are reaching out to the community for any of their suggestions regarding this concern. If you plan on taking your CTS to a Cadillac dealership, I would be more than happy to assist you in setting up an appointment with the dealership to look into this concern further. Please feel free to private message me if you would like my assistance in working with the dealership.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

I don't have an issue with going to the dealership. I have an issue with possibly being charged for an issue that I have no control over.

satlite440 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): tec at brotherton cadillac

wow cust assitance NOT to the rescue again... look and see if the rear window or quarter window has been replaced.. you will be able to tell.. all gm factory glass has a gm logo on it of an example look at your drivers door glass when it's rolled up and you will see the logo.. if any of the back windows have been replaced like a rear window for the defogger grid inop due to the tabs comming off and not being able to soder them back on they probably used a aftermarket glass and it will not have the logo...thats a clue as to where the leak is .. also if i remeber right you have a roof mounted triband antenna that also might be the culperate.. if you are handy you could pull the rear sail pannels and see if you can see water comming in . short of that you will have to pull the headlinner and water test it....thats what we would do at the dealership......

holsgo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 cts

The only thing I can add is that there seems to be a seam that runs from the front of the car to the rear window. Seems to be right above the area that might get wet.

wantboost is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS 3.6L:HID HEADLIGHT/FOGS:LED INTERIOR/PLATE/TRIANGLE:

any luck with the leak, i have the same issue. looks likes it comiong out of the air bag symbol on mine. i only could find 2 sunroof drains. i know u dont have a sunroof. but did u find the problem

69stangscj is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 69 Mustang Mach I

I would pull the sale pannel, pull the air bag plug out and remove the screw behind it. Then, I just think it's one clip by the seat area, this will give you a better idea where the water is coming from.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.