Why Not Stick The 315hp Northstar In the CTS?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Why Not Stick The 315hp Northstar In the CTS? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Now this would only work if two things are true: 1) They make the 315 NStar at the new CTS ...
    Chuck C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Why Not Stick The 315hp Northstar In the CTS?

Now this would only work if two things are true:

1) They make the 315 NStar at the new CTS plant/find a cheap way to transport it to the CTS plant and 2) it'll fit

Is the SRX assembled at the CTS factory? Are the new Northstars made there?

Anyway, after the reengineering costs, making one engine to fit three different cars (SRX, XLR, CTS) would probably be profitable.
    Besides...scrap the 220hp V6 base for crying out loud! Cadillac wants to be on the performance edge?? now is the time! Even an upgraded V6 isn't up to snuff!

So I propose, let's ge the new Northstar in the CTS and stick the LS6 in the V-series as is planned (maybe)

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers
    its too wide or they would have used it for the v-series, look for an upgraded v-6 next year

kcnewell is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    V-6 in a Cadillac? Not in my garage!!

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
    Ahh.. I don't like the V6 either.. What's an LS6 CTS going to cost? Any idea?

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers
    thats a good question...im very curious myself since the v-series interests me...i would GUESS no more than 50k, based on the price of the ZO6(theoretic drivetrain donor) and the M3(main competition?)...i suppose an argument could be made that it would better compare to M5, but it cant believe it would be that expensive or even close

Nagash01WS6 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I would guess an LS6 powered CTS would be in the $45k to $50k range.

The LS6 and LS1 are currently the same price from GM.

Devil_concours is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    maybe they should just give CTSv the ls6 and the z06 the racing block 427ci ls6

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate
    Given that the LS6 predates the CTS and the RWD Northstar does not, and that the LS6-powered CTSv isn't really here yet, even if Cadillac's plan included a CTS Northstar we probably wouldn't see it for a year after the CTSv.

I agree that a V6 Cadillac just doesn't sound right, but it *is* a $30,000 car in a six-cylinder market.

And I have to wonder if a Northstar CTS wouldn't make life uncomfortable for the next STS.

.Jinx

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.