Transmission cooler leak
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Transmission cooler leak in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Recently I had the transmission cooler line detach from the radiator (right after turning 150K)and puke strawberry milkshake all over ...
    jeffao is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 cts

Transmission cooler leak

Recently I had the transmission cooler line detach from the radiator (right after turning 150K)and puke strawberry milkshake all over my driveway, how much life can I expect out of my transmission now that its all fixed? The morning of the day it happened I got a low coolant warning, but took the car to work anyways (15 minutes away) with the intention of refilling it once I was out of work. As soon as I got out of work I took it slowly home, but upon entering my driveway I got the "engine hot shut off ac" warning on my radio and shut the car off right then and there, opened up the hood and it was puking strawberry milkshake all over the ground. Eventually I got it all fixed (radiator and lines replaced, engine cooling system cleaned, tranny flushed many times, then run through a machine to pump all the milky crap out) and it seems to drive like a champ. I would like to add that i didn't drive it at all after the blowout, I just let it bleed itself out overnight. How much life can I expect out of the transmission? It seems to drive fine now, but should i start looking into getting another car??

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

briggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS 3.6L 2005 80,000 Miles

Re: Transmission cooler leak

no way of saying for sure. It all depends if coolant got into the transmission, how much and how long it drove this way. one can assume that the day you got the coolant leak was the first time the coolant began to possibly mix with the transmission fluid. If so you are probably ok, but if there was coolant being siphoned prior to this then that may be different. I just finished installing an external cooler to prevent this very thing from happening to me. See link below.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ak-down-7.html

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.