ABS and Traction Control lights keep coming on. - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, ABS and Traction Control lights keep coming on. in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Originally Posted by 03CTS_Bass-Master I had the same issue... steering position sensor was my fix ---------- I would almost bet ...
    GhostCaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS

Re: ABS and Traction Control lights keep coming on.

Quote Originally Posted by 03CTS_Bass-Master View Post
    I had the same issue... steering position sensor was my fix

----------

I would almost bet its the wire to the one of your hubs.. i would get some electrical parts cleaner and check each one.. unplug spray the cleaner and make sure you have a good connection putting clips back together.. if that doesn't fix the issue then it would be a faulty hub which then you would need to find out witch hub is bad with scanner then replace..
    I'll have to try this in a week or two when I can get in there and look at it. Thanks for the input.

Quote Originally Posted by caddyshack33 View Post
    I had the same issue, it was the slowly dying ABS sensor. Check the ABS housing for leaks (that's what gave the cause away). Replaced and problem fixed.
    Hadnt thought about that, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ghettomike View Post
    any chance this is happening while you are drifting around corners?

seriously though, its probably related to a wheel sensor or steering position sensor.
    haha. No drifting around the corner for me.

Jim's 06 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

If you find that the wires going into the wheel sensor are ripped out, you'll need to replace the entire hub/sensor assembly. I saw this problem on a 2000 Chevy Impala, and tried a quick temporary fix by pulling the ABS fuse, but then the car wouldn't start. Of course it's still driveable, but the real fix consists of replacing the entire hub/sensor assembly, at that time only about $190. It was extremely easy to do (at least on that front-drive Chevy), and took less time than a front brake job. It took more time to find a 36mm socket than to do the job. (If anyone knows how to repair the wires if they're torn off clean at the sensor, let me know.)

Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package

Quote Originally Posted by Jim's 06 View Post
    If you find that the wires going into the wheel sensor are ripped out, you'll need to replace the entire hub/sensor assembly. I saw this problem on a 2000 Chevy Impala, and tried a quick temporary fix by pulling the ABS fuse, but then the car wouldn't start. Of course it's still driveable, but the real fix consists of replacing the entire hub/sensor assembly, at that time only about $190. It was extremely easy to do (at least on that front-drive Chevy), and took less time than a front brake job. It took more time to find a 36mm socket than to do the job. (If anyone knows how to repair the wires if they're torn off clean at the sensor, let me know.)
    I took my 30 (40? I forget). What it did for me, besides the ABS not working (which was the point), 3 lights on the display. Brake, Traction Control (disabled) and ABS. Then the most noticeable affect for me, was the fact that my power steering wasn't exactly working. Since I have the speed sensitive power steering, it thought that I was at high way speeds. Thus is clamp down on the steering and made the wheel hard to turn at all speeds. That was "fun" in the parking lots and what not. BUT at least I wasn't having problems braking. lol

I still haven't looked at my brakes, but I did put the fuse back in.

KOT

jmtz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS

Hey there I hope someone can help me I have that problems where my ABC and TC kick in every day. Sometimes the breaks get hard and it would take between 1 and 2 seconds before a complete stop. I Could never get any codes Now I've noticed that when I start the car and I turn the steering wheel to one side and back( with the car still on parking) the ABS/TC kick in and once threyre on I dont have to deal with that until next time I turn the car on. I was about to buy the front wheel hub to try that on both sides in case it was the wheel speed sensor causing the trouble. But then I saw something about the steering position sensor posted. Any ideas??

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Please don't hijack threads. Feel free to start your own.

If you're getting lights/warning messages, there is a code set.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.