Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Anyone get their rims chromed?

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  72279 
#1 ·
Ok, I picked up a set of the CTS 17" Polished Sport Rims and before I get tires and put them on I would like to finalyze my decision about getting them chromed. This guy on Ebay does a swap for chromed rims for $500. (They look AWESOME in the pictures)

1. Is $500 a good deal to get rims chromed?
2. Since its been chomed would the rim be better or worse than if I bought a factory chome rim?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7974613096&category=43961

Thanks!

#3 ·
I understand the key is to have the chrome totally clearcoated to help stop rust. I've had two sets of Chrome wheels. The first were Cragars on a '65 Corvette. They lasted one season. The second set was on my CTS and developed rust in the back of the wheel in one Winter season. I would never do it again. I'd go with either polished or painted. I should be receiving a set of painted wheels this week. They are black with a polished lip to match my Raven Black car.

#4 ·
How abou this chrome. I am sure it will last a life time. I would never go chrome something that wasnt meant to be chrome. I'll tell you what I will sell you these wheels and tires.

#5 ·
They are way too much Bling for me. I am sure they definately stand out but I am looking to try to kept the factory look but just add chome. The rims are already polished but the chome looks so much better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.