Anyone get their rims chromed?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Anyone get their rims chromed? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Ok, I picked up a set of the CTS 17" Polished Sport Rims and before I get tires and put ...
    tomm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport

Anyone get their rims chromed?

Ok, I picked up a set of the CTS 17" Polished Sport Rims and before I get tires and put them on I would like to finalyze my decision about getting them chromed. This guy on Ebay does a swap for chromed rims for $500. (They look AWESOME in the pictures)

1. Is $500 a good deal to get rims chromed?
    2. Since its been chomed would the rim be better or worse than if I bought a factory chome rim?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=43961

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CharlieB is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Prev: 2005 CTS Base, Prev: 2006 CTS Lux/Sport, Current: 2013 ATS Lux/2.0T/AWD

Re: Anyone get their rims chromed?

Chrome Dipping? I don't know...I wouldn't say so...I know of a customs shop that does it....didn't get a price, but ask a local car hookup store.....they'll probably have an answer.

RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside

I understand the key is to have the chrome totally clearcoated to help stop rust. I've had two sets of Chrome wheels. The first were Cragars on a '65 Corvette. They lasted one season. The second set was on my CTS and developed rust in the back of the wheel in one Winter season. I would never do it again. I'd go with either polished or painted. I should be receiving a set of painted wheels this week. They are black with a polished lip to match my Raven Black car.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

SdMarineGuy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

How abou this chrome. I am sure it will last a life time. I would never go chrome something that wasnt meant to be chrome. I'll tell you what I will sell you these wheels and tires.

tomm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport

They are way too much Bling for me. I am sure they definately stand out but I am looking to try to kept the factory look but just add chome. The rims are already polished but the chome looks so much better.

8. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.