2005 CTS Upgrades
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 2005 CTS Upgrades in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Okay, just got a new CTS w/upgrades and here is what I want to know and do - - - ...
    BigPoppa is offline Cadillac Owners Member

2005 CTS Upgrades

Okay, just got a new CTS w/upgrades and here is what I want to know and do - - - I am a Mustang guy who has his first "luxury" car so I am in new territory, so be gentle - - - I want to do a rim and tire package w/ a low profile so I need to know the max rim size and tire that will fit under the wheel wells. Next I would like to do a performance engine/exhaust package. Finally lowering the car about 1/2 inch, any help, suggestions, websites would greatly be appreciated. Thanks...

Anthony "Big Poppa" Peterson

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside

Re: 2005 CTS Upgrades

20" rims with 35 series. PJEsquire is the resident expert and has lowered the CTS and rolled his fender well lips. I'm sure PJ will chime in soon

c'mon now 70+ views with no posts???PJEsquire where are you, your forum needs you...

Coreyn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by BigPoppa
    Okay, just got a new CTS w/upgrades and here is what I want to know and do - - - I am a Mustang guy who has his first "luxury" car so I am in new territory, so be gentle - - - I want to do a rim and tire package w/ a low profile so I need to know the max rim size and tire that will fit under the wheel wells. Next I would like to do a performance engine/exhaust package. Finally lowering the car about 1/2 inch, any help, suggestions, websites would greatly be appreciated. Thanks...

Anthony "Big Poppa" Peterson
    Dont you think the car is fine the way it is? I personally would just change the rims..depending on where you live lowering your car would give you problems in the winter?!?

pjohnesq is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

c'mon now 70+ views with no posts???PJEsquire where are you, your forum needs you...
    Yo BigPoppa, sorry 'bout that Bro. I have some Nitto 245 ZR35 20 on my CTS with the Eibach Pro Lowering Kit. My 20" Wheels are Enkei Kapone 20 x 8.5. You can check out my ride at http://www.cardomain.com/id/pjohnesq

Oh God no, I only got the CTS because the wife can't drive stick or it'd be a CTS-V, She's a great girl so I wanted to be fair - - - let me put it this way...we have a 2003 Mustang GT too - - - it was fine the way it was too - - - but now it's supercharged and has style, speed, cool factor and 525hp to the rear wheels. My personality alone would never allow me to keep it stock. As far as winter, I have an Expedition for those days...

Thanks Paul, that's just what I needed to get started - - - I've always been the hot rod guy so this is new territory for me - - - your CTS is definatley hot, thats what I'm after - - - I'll send pics as it progesses - - - thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbed Stealth
    Big Poppa!
    I run Lexani 20's and thinking about switching to 21's? PJ and I have similar set-ups. You can read my mods below my name.
    Okay first, what the heck are rolled fenders???
    Second, are 20's the biggest rim that will fit - - - and what is the widest rim size and tire that will fit, 20, 22, 24?

Third, if I install lowering springs - - - do I need shocks too???

And lastly, how do I disable the stupid lock on the DVD player when we're driving so the wife (passenger) can watch a movie...

Thanks Guys

05CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 & 2008 CTS

Okay first, what the heck are rolled fenders???
    Second, are 20's the biggest rim that will fit - - - and what is the widest rim size and tire that will fit, 20, 22, 24?

Third, if I install lowering springs - - - do I need shocks too???

And lastly, how do I disable the stupid lock on the DVD player when we're driving so the wife (passenger) can watch a movie...

Thanks Guys
    Next time your at your car. Look at the fenders on the inside. ou'll see it has a sharp edge to it. You need to hit the that with a rubber mallet so it won't rub on your tires and possibly cut into them. Go along the whole edge.

20's and possibly 21's will be the biggest. 9.5" rim is the widest. I think someone else is running a 10" wide wheel but I'm not 100% sure.

If you have load leveling shocks and drop your car you'll need to change the shocks.

Lastly, I don't have nav so I can't help you that.

By the way, welcome to GM. Ford found their problem..............and they circled it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.