Upgrades and Fixes to my 06 CTS - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Upgrades and Fixes to my 06 CTS in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Originally Posted by GhostCaddy All audio Sounds like a wiring issue somewhere then. The amp wouldnt kill all audio, possibly ...
    arogers260 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS Luxury/Sport package

Re: Upgrades and Fixes to my 06 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by GhostCaddy View Post
    All audio
    Sounds like a wiring issue somewhere then. The amp wouldnt kill all audio, possibly a bad ground running to the head unit itself. I'm not sure where to start with that issue.

GhostCaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by arogers260 View Post
    Sounds like a wiring issue somewhere then. The amp wouldnt kill all audio, possibly a bad ground running to the head unit itself. I'm not sure where to start with that issue.
    Well I called Metra, who makes the GMOS-10 wiring harness and what they told me is that the GMOS kit is intended for the Bose amp and not the AC Delco. Dont really remember exactly what he said but, short story is that I will have to wire the speakers from the H/U or a aftermarket amp, which is what I intend to do anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostCaddy View Post
    Well I called Metra, who makes the GMOS-10 wiring harness and what they told me is that the GMOS kit is intended for the Bose amp and not the AC Delco. Dont really remember exactly what he said but, short story is that I will have to wire the speakers from the H/U or a aftermarket amp, which is what I intend to do anyways.
    Crutchfield should have both that's where I got mine.

I ordered everything from crutchfield and got 50% off the wiring harness, free antenna adapter, and free mounting kit with purchase of my head unit. Nobody could come close to beating that price either. I believe the wiring harness is pac-os something or another that you should be looking for.

Crutchfield should have both that's where I got mine.
    I ordered everything from crutchfield and got 50% off the wiring harness, free antenna adapter, and free mounting kit with purchase of my head unit. Nobody could come close to beating that price either. I believe the wiring harness is pac-os something or another that you should be looking for.
    My local car audio shop price matched crutchfield and gave me the right metra harness. Either way, doesnt really matter, I will be running my fronts off of the Kenwood XR400-4 and running the rear speakers straight off of the H/U.

Just ordered some KYBs to replace my front struts. I'm going to have a busy week this week with the getting some of the audio install done, struts, center drive shaft support, DS bushing, flex disc...... Hopefully I have time to do it all.

praprestoabi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6

sonicelectronix.com destroys crutchfields prices....

Quote Originally Posted by praprestoabi View Post
    sonicelectronix.com destroys crutchfields prices....
    Yeah i go tthere quite often. It was the same price for the pioneer.

I installed my JL components today, wired them up stright to the head unit, this issue with the audio cutting out has been resolved.... Weird issue..

metacarpuspitch is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Nice car. do update us on the installs on your caddy.

Had a nice little JL logo that came with my components, decided to put them on the factory grill. Looks good IMO. Dont mind the impression, I installed the tweeter housing upside down when I sueded my interior and was just too lazy to fix it, well that and I didnt notice it for the longest time, haha.

My RAAMmat deadener comes in tomorrow, as well as my microbypass for the head unit and my KYB struts. I plan on installing the struts, flex disc, bushing and driveshaft support the monday after turkey day.

Hopefully I get a chance tomorrow or some time this weekend to fab up my sub box and get the rest of the audio installed. Stay on the look out.

New amp, Kenwood XR400-4

Just to give you an idea how small it is.

This amp is everything I want right now. Its small, will run my front components and I can bridge channels 3 and 4 to run my sub in the rear. And in the future if I decide to get a sub that handles more power I can still use this one to run my components active if I do decide to go that route.

More goodies came in today

I installed the microbypass today, which for those of you that dont know, it gives you the ability to watch movies without having to put the parking brake on. Now I know some with say you can either ground the parking brake wire or use a relay, well on some model such as the pioneer actually need a certain sequence of flashes to recognize that the car's parking brake is on.

Installed just one layer of sound deadener today in the doors. Sound is much cleaner.

Was going to take pics but it was quite chilly outside today and I didnt want to be out there any longer than I had to. I bout some RAAMmat BXT II for around 50$ for 18.75 sq ft of material. After the doing the doors I have about 12 sq ft left and I will get to the rear deck lid sometime soon.

I really need to get in there and take everything apart and start fiberglassing the underneath part of the rear deck so I can start getting my box made. So much to d, so little time.

Im ready to get the rest of this install done and getting some good sound.

Got my amp installed today. I was hoping that it fit into the recessed area of the side liner and with a tiny bit of modification it fit perfectly. Its out of the way, wires are hidden and I am still able to to reach the adjustments if need be.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.