Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Thread: Foglight Covers...

CTS Orlando is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS

Foglight Covers...

I would like to see some clear foglight covers that would smooth out the look of the bumper. Used to have something similar on my old vehicle that had recessed headlights. I dont think they exist yet, anybody know where we might be able to get something like that?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside

Re: Foglight Covers...

I've only seen a cover that matches the V grill material. Blocks to much light IMO. Shouldn't be to hard to cut out of Lexan and tint. Mounting shouldn't be to tough. A brand called GTO makes a lot of that kind of stuff for headlighte etc.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertCTS
    I've only seen a cover that matches the V grill material. Blocks to much light IMO. Shouldn't be to hard to cut out of Lexan and tint. Mounting shouldn't be to tough. A brand called GTO makes a lot of that kind of stuff for headlighte etc.
    GTS and LUND (Not the Caddy Dealer) both make the covers. Im looking for a clear Lexan or Acrylic, not really mesh or anything smoked / tinted. I suppose GTS or LUND could be commisioned to manufacture these. Would there be any takers if I was to email and find out?

Quote Originally Posted by CTS Orlando
    GTS and LUND (Not the Caddy Dealer) both make the covers. Im looking for a clear Lexan or Acrylic, not really mesh or anything smoked / tinted. I suppose GTS or LUND could be commisioned to manufacture these. Would there be any takers if I was to email and find out?
    With a clear lens the mounting method would probably show. I would have to see the product before buying. A flush look could be attractive.

tomm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport

I dont care about it being flush but I would like the case to be all clear instead of half clear and half orange. I like the way the STS looks and it has the clear case and uses an orange bulb instead.

Quote Originally Posted by tomm
    I dont care about it being flush but I would like the case to be all clear instead of half clear and half orange. I like the way the STS looks and it has the clear case and uses an orange bulb instead.
    I like the STS look too. I like the flush thought as the current design catches a lot of crap and road dirt. Be nice to have both.

What I'm proposing is the flush mount look. Not really a replacement lens, just a clear lens cover. Something that would smooth out the bumper, and as Robert said, avoid catching bugs and dirt.